UEL team set for second round University Challenge match
- Credit: UEL
UEL’s University Challenge team will be back on our screens on Monday for their second round match.
The quartet - Jerushah Jardine, Kelly Travers, Chris Ducklin and Rachel Evans – booked their place in the last 16 of the popular BBC Two quiz show last month by pulling off a thrilling 150-135 victory over the University of Glasgow.
Now they will be hoping to repeat their success over a University or Warwick team who scored a whopping 235 points in a one-sided first-round triumph over Liverpool University.
Kelly, who works as a business subject librarian at UEL while studying for a Master’s of Research degree, said the team had not been expecting to win their first-round match and admitted that there was “a little bit more pressure on us now”.
“The nerves are definitely there, but they not as bad as before because we know what to expect this time round,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
The university, which has campuses in Stratford and the Docklands, is competing on the show for the first time in its history after it was one of 28 teams selected for the 2016-17 series from the 130 universities and colleges to apply.
And if you think you’re clever enough to be on the show yourself, put your knowledge to the test with our quiz of UEL’s first round questions.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 9 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years