UEL students showcase performing arts talents in three-day festival
- Credit: Archant
Students from The University of East London (UEL) will showcase their talents in their annual festival of performing arts across Newham.
Theatre, dance and music students will perform their work in fUEL, a series of events in Stratford and Beckton.
Starting on Wednesday, May 9, students will host Emergence, eclectic short shows of their own creation with help from established directors.
The performance, which runs from 5pm-7pm at the university’s Stratford campus in Salway Road, includes solo and small group pieces questioning the politics of poverty in London, mental health, gender, sexuality and the family.
From 7pm-9.30pm the following day, students perform their street dance show Coll!de at Stratford Circus, Theatre Square, which this year celebrates a decade of their urban dance course.
You may also want to watch:
The festival closes on Saturday, May 12, with a four-hour musical extravaganza, Velocity, whose stage will be on the green in front of UEL’s Docklands Campus in University Way from 6pm.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp