UEL students showcase performing arts talents in three-day festival
- Credit: Archant
Students from The University of East London (UEL) will showcase their talents in their annual festival of performing arts across Newham.
Theatre, dance and music students will perform their work in fUEL, a series of events in Stratford and Beckton.
Starting on Wednesday, May 9, students will host Emergence, eclectic short shows of their own creation with help from established directors.
The performance, which runs from 5pm-7pm at the university’s Stratford campus in Salway Road, includes solo and small group pieces questioning the politics of poverty in London, mental health, gender, sexuality and the family.
From 7pm-9.30pm the following day, students perform their street dance show Coll!de at Stratford Circus, Theatre Square, which this year celebrates a decade of their urban dance course.
You may also want to watch:
The festival closes on Saturday, May 12, with a four-hour musical extravaganza, Velocity, whose stage will be on the green in front of UEL’s Docklands Campus in University Way from 6pm.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections