UEL students showcase performing arts talents in three-day festival
- Credit: Archant
Students from The University of East London (UEL) will showcase their talents in their annual festival of performing arts across Newham.
Theatre, dance and music students will perform their work in fUEL, a series of events in Stratford and Beckton.
Starting on Wednesday, May 9, students will host Emergence, eclectic short shows of their own creation with help from established directors.
The performance, which runs from 5pm-7pm at the university’s Stratford campus in Salway Road, includes solo and small group pieces questioning the politics of poverty in London, mental health, gender, sexuality and the family.
From 7pm-9.30pm the following day, students perform their street dance show Coll!de at Stratford Circus, Theatre Square, which this year celebrates a decade of their urban dance course.
You may also want to watch:
The festival closes on Saturday, May 12, with a four-hour musical extravaganza, Velocity, whose stage will be on the green in front of UEL’s Docklands Campus in University Way from 6pm.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals