UEL students showcase performing arts talents in three-day festival
- Credit: Archant
Students from The University of East London (UEL) will showcase their talents in their annual festival of performing arts across Newham.
Theatre, dance and music students will perform their work in fUEL, a series of events in Stratford and Beckton.
Starting on Wednesday, May 9, students will host Emergence, eclectic short shows of their own creation with help from established directors.
The performance, which runs from 5pm-7pm at the university’s Stratford campus in Salway Road, includes solo and small group pieces questioning the politics of poverty in London, mental health, gender, sexuality and the family.
From 7pm-9.30pm the following day, students perform their street dance show Coll!de at Stratford Circus, Theatre Square, which this year celebrates a decade of their urban dance course.
The festival closes on Saturday, May 12, with a four-hour musical extravaganza, Velocity, whose stage will be on the green in front of UEL’s Docklands Campus in University Way from 6pm.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies