UEL student turns pro for a day
Living the dream
UEL sports journalism student Chris Deacon has lived the dream... playing on the hallowed Wembley stadium turf.
The 20-year-old with an eye on a radio presenting career won a writing competition which won him his big day.
He got to go through all the motions of a professional footballer, with a team talk, pre-match warm up, walking out of the famous tunnel onto the pitch, singing the national anthem and playing as goalkeeper in a match.
Chris and two dozen other winners of the Vauxhall Football-hosted Big Pitch competition played under the coaching of former Chelsea assistant manager Ray Wilkinson in a match that included team member Ronnie Irani from talkSport,
Speaking about the experience later, Chris from Bushey Heath, Hertfordshire, said: “It was an amazing and unforgettable day.”
- 1 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 2 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 3 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 6 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home