UEL student turns pro for a day
Living the dream
UEL sports journalism student Chris Deacon has lived the dream... playing on the hallowed Wembley stadium turf.
The 20-year-old with an eye on a radio presenting career won a writing competition which won him his big day.
He got to go through all the motions of a professional footballer, with a team talk, pre-match warm up, walking out of the famous tunnel onto the pitch, singing the national anthem and playing as goalkeeper in a match.
Chris and two dozen other winners of the Vauxhall Football-hosted Big Pitch competition played under the coaching of former Chelsea assistant manager Ray Wilkinson in a match that included team member Ronnie Irani from talkSport,
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the experience later, Chris from Bushey Heath, Hertfordshire, said: “It was an amazing and unforgettable day.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims