UEL student turns pro for a day
Living the dream
UEL sports journalism student Chris Deacon has lived the dream... playing on the hallowed Wembley stadium turf.
The 20-year-old with an eye on a radio presenting career won a writing competition which won him his big day.
He got to go through all the motions of a professional footballer, with a team talk, pre-match warm up, walking out of the famous tunnel onto the pitch, singing the national anthem and playing as goalkeeper in a match.
Chris and two dozen other winners of the Vauxhall Football-hosted Big Pitch competition played under the coaching of former Chelsea assistant manager Ray Wilkinson in a match that included team member Ronnie Irani from talkSport,
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the experience later, Chris from Bushey Heath, Hertfordshire, said: “It was an amazing and unforgettable day.”
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 8 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 9 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 10 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes