UEL student makes his way in the fashion world
Costumes designed by a talented University of East London (UEL) student will be on show at an East Ham school musical.
Marco Duarte, 21, will dress Roman Road Primary School year 6 pupils for the second time for their production of Matilda.
The ambitious fashionista has recently returned from internships at Chanel in Paris and retail high street store COS.
He said: “To design the costumes for ‘Matilda’, I watched the film for ideas. I also went to watch the West End show and I was also lucky enough to meet with the Costume Team backstage and draw inspiration.
“I have made numerous sketches and will be working with fabrics such as cottons and wools.”
Marco says he has been inspired by men’s tailoring, particularly during the early 19th century and the prominence of Dandyism.
Asis Mahmood, headteacher at Roman Road, said: “We are delighted with Marco’s work, which is why we have selected him again this year.
- 1 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 2 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 3 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 4 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 Antonio hopes short summer break helps West Ham bid
- 7 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 8 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 9 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 10 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
“It is great to work with such a talented designer and our pupils here love dressing up in his costumes.”