UEL student makes his way in the fashion world
Costumes designed by a talented University of East London (UEL) student will be on show at an East Ham school musical.
Marco Duarte, 21, will dress Roman Road Primary School year 6 pupils for the second time for their production of Matilda.
The ambitious fashionista has recently returned from internships at Chanel in Paris and retail high street store COS.
He said: “To design the costumes for ‘Matilda’, I watched the film for ideas. I also went to watch the West End show and I was also lucky enough to meet with the Costume Team backstage and draw inspiration.
“I have made numerous sketches and will be working with fabrics such as cottons and wools.”
You may also want to watch:
Marco says he has been inspired by men’s tailoring, particularly during the early 19th century and the prominence of Dandyism.
Asis Mahmood, headteacher at Roman Road, said: “We are delighted with Marco’s work, which is why we have selected him again this year.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
“It is great to work with such a talented designer and our pupils here love dressing up in his costumes.”