UEL student makes his way in the fashion world
Costumes designed by a talented University of East London (UEL) student will be on show at an East Ham school musical.
Marco Duarte, 21, will dress Roman Road Primary School year 6 pupils for the second time for their production of Matilda.
The ambitious fashionista has recently returned from internships at Chanel in Paris and retail high street store COS.
He said: “To design the costumes for ‘Matilda’, I watched the film for ideas. I also went to watch the West End show and I was also lucky enough to meet with the Costume Team backstage and draw inspiration.
“I have made numerous sketches and will be working with fabrics such as cottons and wools.”
You may also want to watch:
Marco says he has been inspired by men’s tailoring, particularly during the early 19th century and the prominence of Dandyism.
Asis Mahmood, headteacher at Roman Road, said: “We are delighted with Marco’s work, which is why we have selected him again this year.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
“It is great to work with such a talented designer and our pupils here love dressing up in his costumes.”