UEL’s Stratford campus to host blood donation event
- Credit: Archant
The University of East London is holding a blood donation event to boost the number of black and minority ethnic donors on the register.
The university’s Stratford campus, in Water Lane, will host two sessions on Wednesday between 1pm and 3.30pm and 4.30pm and 7pm.
Anyone wanting to donate must register and make an appointment in advance.
A spokesman from NHS Blood and Transplant said: “We are grateful to the University of East London for hosting this event.
“Don’t worry if you’ve never given blood before and don’t know what blood group you are – you find out shortly after your first donation. What’s important is that you register as a donor and book your first appointment to donate - you can save the life of someone else, while going about yours.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year, approximately 10,000 black people donated blood, accounting for just one per cent of donations made in the UK.
To register, visit blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 2323.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0