UEL’s Stratford campus to host blood donation event
- Credit: Archant
The University of East London is holding a blood donation event to boost the number of black and minority ethnic donors on the register.
The university’s Stratford campus, in Water Lane, will host two sessions on Wednesday between 1pm and 3.30pm and 4.30pm and 7pm.
Anyone wanting to donate must register and make an appointment in advance.
A spokesman from NHS Blood and Transplant said: “We are grateful to the University of East London for hosting this event.
“Don’t worry if you’ve never given blood before and don’t know what blood group you are – you find out shortly after your first donation. What’s important is that you register as a donor and book your first appointment to donate - you can save the life of someone else, while going about yours.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year, approximately 10,000 black people donated blood, accounting for just one per cent of donations made in the UK.
To register, visit blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 2323.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 7 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections