UEL’s Stratford campus to host blood donation event
- Credit: Archant
The University of East London is holding a blood donation event to boost the number of black and minority ethnic donors on the register.
The university’s Stratford campus, in Water Lane, will host two sessions on Wednesday between 1pm and 3.30pm and 4.30pm and 7pm.
Anyone wanting to donate must register and make an appointment in advance.
A spokesman from NHS Blood and Transplant said: “We are grateful to the University of East London for hosting this event.
“Don’t worry if you’ve never given blood before and don’t know what blood group you are – you find out shortly after your first donation. What’s important is that you register as a donor and book your first appointment to donate - you can save the life of someone else, while going about yours.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year, approximately 10,000 black people donated blood, accounting for just one per cent of donations made in the UK.
To register, visit blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 2323.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 4 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR