UEL’s �15m sports centre plan moves closer
UEL’S proposed �15m sports complex at the Docklands Campus has moved a step closer with the award of the design and build contract going to Denne, the construction company.
Plans involve two full size sports halls, an all weather floodlit pitch, as well as a facilities building connected to the sports halls.
The site will be a training base for USA athletes for the 2012 London Olympics.
Buildings have been designed in order to meet a 20 per cent target for renewable energy production.
Included will be green roofs and photovoltaic cells for solar energy, while a biomass boiler will be used for heating.
You may also want to watch:
Post games the new centres will be used by University staff and students as well as the local community.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election