Top schools targetted by aspiring Newham students
Aspirational students from Newham are applying to prestigious colleges including public schools such as Harrow, a meeting was told.
The news was revealed at a stakeholders meeting at Royal Docks Community School in Canning Town by the head teacher Ruth Martin.
The School stakeholders comprises not only of parents, staff, and students, but also local businesses, community groups and professional organisations who affect or are affected by the school’s actions .
It began with the head teacher sharing the objectives and introducing key people. She told the meeting the progress of teaching and learning in the school identified by four Ofsted Inspectors visited the school.
Their feedback revealed that behaviour and safety, leadership and management and safeguarding were all good at the school. The inspectors graded attainment as satisfactory but acknowledged that the near future was very promising indeed, praising the fact that already 53 per cent of students have passed GCSE Maths with at least a Grade C.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Martin shared with stakeholders how aspirational the current year 11 students are with many applying to prestigious colleges including public schools such as Harrow.
Somala Hassan from Newham Council explained how the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games wants to use the school in the lead up to the Games by holding events for residents and the community, allowing them to be more involved and also to voice any concerns they may have.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 7 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
Rupal Patel, Community Relations Manager at London City Airport also attended the meeting. She will be returning to the school next term to setup a new ‘Plane Business Education Programme’ to introduce year 9 students to concepts of business and trade.