A-level Results Day 2018: Newham pupils nervously await exam marks
- Credit: Nick Edwards
Today expect photo galleries of gravity-defying teenagers galore.
Pupils across the borough are awaiting their A-level results.
Thousands of students across the country spent a nervous night hoping they bagged the grades for their university of choice.
Breaking with the unofficial tradition of pupils queuing outside the school gates early on results day to receive their marks, this year UCAS Track, the web-based university application service, will let youngsters know whether a university has offered them a place before schools open.
“The majority of teenagers have laptops or tablets, so they can log in on their way into school,” a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
“In some cases you may find out a little earlier than 8am, but that is the time at which Track is updated.”
Early birds won’t be told their marks, only their university offers, so you’ll still need to pick up your results.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
Follow the Recorder and our social media accounts for updates all day.