Teacher celebrates 100th term at Canning Town school
- Credit: Archant
Students held a celebratory event to mark one of their favourite teacher’s one hundredth term at the school.
Ian Donovan started teaching Maths and PE at Rokeby School, on Barking Road, Canning Town, in 1979.
Ian is said to be carrying on a family tradition of teaching in east London as his father was a Docker before he became a teacher at a Stratford primary school and his mother was also a local teacher.
Students and staff gathered for a special assembly entitled “This is Your Rokeby Life” where headteacher Charlotte Robinson presented him with gift vouchers to buy a present of his choice.
She said: “Mr Donovan has shown great resilience and given incredible service to the school in that length of time considering the amount of change that has happened in education.
You may also want to watch:
“The school is very lucky to have had the benefit from all you have had to offer and long may it continue.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 10 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k