Teacher celebrates 100th term at Canning Town school
- Credit: Archant
Students held a celebratory event to mark one of their favourite teacher’s one hundredth term at the school.
Ian Donovan started teaching Maths and PE at Rokeby School, on Barking Road, Canning Town, in 1979.
Ian is said to be carrying on a family tradition of teaching in east London as his father was a Docker before he became a teacher at a Stratford primary school and his mother was also a local teacher.
Students and staff gathered for a special assembly entitled “This is Your Rokeby Life” where headteacher Charlotte Robinson presented him with gift vouchers to buy a present of his choice.
She said: “Mr Donovan has shown great resilience and given incredible service to the school in that length of time considering the amount of change that has happened in education.
You may also want to watch:
“The school is very lucky to have had the benefit from all you have had to offer and long may it continue.”
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 8 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip