Surge in number of UEL fashion students securing internships
More fashion students from the University of East London have won competitive internships this year than ever before.
Following Graduate Fashion Week, 46 students from the fashion department secured placements compared to 11 last year.
Joanne Tse, who won a work placement at designer Jaeger, said: “It’s more fast-paced than I thought it would be, too. Even now they’re starting to design for Autumn-Winter 2012. Every day is different and exciting.”
Students have placements in a rang of roles such as designing, techincal/pattern cutting, marketing and communications, buying and merchandising. They are working for design houses like Erdem and brand giants like Marks and Spencer.
UEL fashion placement module leader Bethan Alexander said:“We are very proud of the breadth of roles and companies this year which really represent the diversity of the industry.”
You may also want to watch:
Carly Basil, assistant buyer at Jaeger, who mentored a student and got her job through a work placement, said: “If you’re prepared to pursue your chosen career, and like Joanne, you’re willing to do an internship and put your all into it, then you will definitely be noticed.”
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k