Surge in number of UEL fashion students securing internships
More fashion students from the University of East London have won competitive internships this year than ever before.
Following Graduate Fashion Week, 46 students from the fashion department secured placements compared to 11 last year.
Joanne Tse, who won a work placement at designer Jaeger, said: “It’s more fast-paced than I thought it would be, too. Even now they’re starting to design for Autumn-Winter 2012. Every day is different and exciting.”
Students have placements in a rang of roles such as designing, techincal/pattern cutting, marketing and communications, buying and merchandising. They are working for design houses like Erdem and brand giants like Marks and Spencer.
UEL fashion placement module leader Bethan Alexander said:“We are very proud of the breadth of roles and companies this year which really represent the diversity of the industry.”
You may also want to watch:
Carly Basil, assistant buyer at Jaeger, who mentored a student and got her job through a work placement, said: “If you’re prepared to pursue your chosen career, and like Joanne, you’re willing to do an internship and put your all into it, then you will definitely be noticed.”
- 1 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 5 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 6 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 7 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0
- 8 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 9 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 10 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month