Stratford school’s debate team named nation’s second best
- Credit: Rupinder Degun
If you have an argument with Stratford School Academy students, chances are you’ll lose.
That’s because the school’s debate team is the second best in the country.
Youngsters from the school were among 160 teams taking part in the first round of the urban debate league.
They argued two motions, introducing child curfews after 8pm and banning advertising of things bad for your health.
Debating team member Ioana Balabasciuc said: “I am so excited that we came 2nd in this tournament.
You may also want to watch:
“The debates are so interesting as the topics link to everyday life.”
Fellow Year 9 Ashfer Al-Hussainy added: “I am really looking forward to the next tournament.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plans for industrial hub, shipyard and homes on Albert Island approved
“The debates have been challenging and we have tried our best and are happy with our result.”
The students have been training in the art of debating since October, taking part in extra-curricular Debate Mate sessions to practice their skills.