Stratford school celebrates outstanding report
- Credit: Archant
A Stratford school is celebrating after receiving an outstanding report in its first ever Ofsted inspection.
Chobham Academy, in Cheering Lane, Stratford, was awarded an “outstanding” in each category and across every year following an inspection last month.
The school which opened in 2011 and is part of the Harris Academy foundation, received high praise for its leadership and management, achievement of pupils, and the quality of teaching.
The report highlighted the outstanding behaviour of all students from primary to sixth form years. It stated: “Pupils behave in an exemplary manner, both inside and outside the academy buildings.
“They move from class to class in total silence and require low levels of staff supervision to achieve this.”
You may also want to watch:
The report also concluded that students were able to make “rapid progress” because of the quality of teaching.
Ms Rebecca Hickey, Principal of Chobham Academy explained the school aims to deliver an “exceptional education” to all students.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 8 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
She said: “Our vision for Chobham Academy has been to create an all through school for local families who have moved to the Olympic Park as part of its regeneration, specialising in English and the Performing Arts.
“We want every family to have access to an exceptional education for children at every stage in their learning.
“In doing so, we now have a close knit, friendly school for these families providing an outstanding education for their children.
“It is a pleasure and a privilege to be at the centre of this area’s regeneration.
“Every strong local community needs an excellent local school and we are all delighted that Ofsted have recognised what our staff, students and parents have achieved over the past two years.”