Stratford school celebrates outstanding report
- Credit: Archant
A Stratford school is celebrating after receiving an outstanding report in its first ever Ofsted inspection.
Chobham Academy, in Cheering Lane, Stratford, was awarded an “outstanding” in each category and across every year following an inspection last month.
The school which opened in 2011 and is part of the Harris Academy foundation, received high praise for its leadership and management, achievement of pupils, and the quality of teaching.
The report highlighted the outstanding behaviour of all students from primary to sixth form years. It stated: “Pupils behave in an exemplary manner, both inside and outside the academy buildings.
“They move from class to class in total silence and require low levels of staff supervision to achieve this.”
You may also want to watch:
The report also concluded that students were able to make “rapid progress” because of the quality of teaching.
Ms Rebecca Hickey, Principal of Chobham Academy explained the school aims to deliver an “exceptional education” to all students.
- 1 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 2 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 6 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
She said: “Our vision for Chobham Academy has been to create an all through school for local families who have moved to the Olympic Park as part of its regeneration, specialising in English and the Performing Arts.
“We want every family to have access to an exceptional education for children at every stage in their learning.
“In doing so, we now have a close knit, friendly school for these families providing an outstanding education for their children.
“It is a pleasure and a privilege to be at the centre of this area’s regeneration.
“Every strong local community needs an excellent local school and we are all delighted that Ofsted have recognised what our staff, students and parents have achieved over the past two years.”