Stratford school celebrates outstanding report
- Credit: Archant
A Stratford school is celebrating after receiving an outstanding report in its first ever Ofsted inspection.
Chobham Academy, in Cheering Lane, Stratford, was awarded an “outstanding” in each category and across every year following an inspection last month.
The school which opened in 2011 and is part of the Harris Academy foundation, received high praise for its leadership and management, achievement of pupils, and the quality of teaching.
The report highlighted the outstanding behaviour of all students from primary to sixth form years. It stated: “Pupils behave in an exemplary manner, both inside and outside the academy buildings.
“They move from class to class in total silence and require low levels of staff supervision to achieve this.”
You may also want to watch:
The report also concluded that students were able to make “rapid progress” because of the quality of teaching.
Ms Rebecca Hickey, Principal of Chobham Academy explained the school aims to deliver an “exceptional education” to all students.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
She said: “Our vision for Chobham Academy has been to create an all through school for local families who have moved to the Olympic Park as part of its regeneration, specialising in English and the Performing Arts.
“We want every family to have access to an exceptional education for children at every stage in their learning.
“In doing so, we now have a close knit, friendly school for these families providing an outstanding education for their children.
“It is a pleasure and a privilege to be at the centre of this area’s regeneration.
“Every strong local community needs an excellent local school and we are all delighted that Ofsted have recognised what our staff, students and parents have achieved over the past two years.”