Stratford’s Discover Centre offers pirates and underpants fun for half term
Pirates, underpants and superheroes are on offer for children at Discover Children’s Story Centre this half term.
Discover Centre, on Stratford High Street, will be welcoming a host of authors and illustrators to entertain families with storytelling, drawing and fun.
It will be the last chance to enjoy Discover’s interactive family exhibition Superheroes, listen to superhero stories, make secret potions and join in with its Halloween Spook Fest.
As an extra special treat on November 1 at 2.30pm, Stratford East Picturehouse will be hosting Discover event Pirates Love Underpants with bestselling author of the Pants series Clarie Freedman.
Youngsters can listen to an action packed piratey-underpant tale, ask Claire how she comes up with her fabulous ideas, and get your book signed and join in with some pirate crafts. There will even be a visitor from another planet!
You may also want to watch:
All week there will be special visitors including Emma Thomson, author of the fantastically popular Felicity Wishes with her brand new Princess Pearl series (October 30 at 2.30pm). Halloween will see author Louie Stowell help children write a spooky story and lots of Halloween craft activities all day as part of Spook Fest (October 31 at 2.30pm and all day), award-author Giles Paley-Philips pops by with his brand new book Tamara Small and the Monster’s Ball (November 2 at 2.30pm) and author/illustrator Peter Horacek will help children to create their own picture book (November 3 at 2.30pm).
To book call 020 8536 5555 Mon – Fri 10am – 5pm. To book for Pirates Love Underpants call Discover or visit www.picturehouses.co.uk/cinema/Stratford_London/Whats_On/.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
Discover, at 383-387 High Street, Stratford is open 11am – 5pm every day during October half term October 29 – November 4.
Tickets are: Child/Adult: �4.50, Family of four: �16.00, Concessions/Newham Residents: �4/Under 2s free.