Stratford’s Birkbeck beats the rest at polls
Birkbeck, which has a campus in Stratford, has topped polls across London, according to this year’s National Student Survey results.
It was voted number one for teaching quality and also came out joint first for overall student satisfaction.
Ranked among the top 200 universities in the world, Birkbeck’s Pro Vice Master for Student Experience Tricia Kingputs said the College’s top scores are down to understanding the needs of busy, working Londoners.
She said: “Over 90 per cent of Birkbeck academics are actively researching in their field, which translates into fresh and exciting teaching material for their students.”
The college is renowned for offering over 70 part-time undergraduate degrees which are designed to be completed in four years, studying two to three evenings a week, and over 90 Certificates in Higher Education, which are on offer to people without traditional qualifications, or who have not studied for some time,
You may also want to watch:
More information on www.bbk.ac.uk/prospective
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year