Stratford pupils win CBBC quiz competition
- Credit: CBBC/iPlayer
It’s official - the smartest school in the country is in Stratford.
Chobham Primary Academy have been crowned the winners of CBBC's Top Class competition, which tests primary school pupils' knowledge across a wide range of subjects.
The Year Six pupils beat three other schools on their way to the final, where they took on Bedfordshire's Chantry Primary Academy for the title.
The show, hosted by Susan Calman, saw the four-strong team answer questions on topics including South America, song lyrics and Martin Luther King.
It also featured a "test the teacher" round, which saw a staff member from each school answer a series of questions on popular culture in a bid to win bonus points.
You may also want to watch:
And after a dominant performance in the final, which aired on Sunday, December 22, Chobham came out on top, winning by 38 points to 18.
Top Class is available to watch on BBC iPlayer.
- 1 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 2 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 3 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 4 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 5 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 6 Former Caritas Anchor House chief exec scoops MBE in Queen's Birthday Honours
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park
- 9 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 10 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?