Stratford pupils win CBBC quiz competition
- Credit: CBBC/iPlayer
It’s official - the smartest school in the country is in Stratford.
Chobham Primary Academy have been crowned the winners of CBBC's Top Class competition, which tests primary school pupils' knowledge across a wide range of subjects.
The Year Six pupils beat three other schools on their way to the final, where they took on Bedfordshire's Chantry Primary Academy for the title.
The show, hosted by Susan Calman, saw the four-strong team answer questions on topics including South America, song lyrics and Martin Luther King.
It also featured a "test the teacher" round, which saw a staff member from each school answer a series of questions on popular culture in a bid to win bonus points.
You may also want to watch:
And after a dominant performance in the final, which aired on Sunday, December 22, Chobham came out on top, winning by 38 points to 18.
Top Class is available to watch on BBC iPlayer.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show