Stratford pupils win CBBC quiz competition
- Credit: CBBC/iPlayer
It’s official - the smartest school in the country is in Stratford.
Chobham Primary Academy have been crowned the winners of CBBC's Top Class competition, which tests primary school pupils' knowledge across a wide range of subjects.
The Year Six pupils beat three other schools on their way to the final, where they took on Bedfordshire's Chantry Primary Academy for the title.
The show, hosted by Susan Calman, saw the four-strong team answer questions on topics including South America, song lyrics and Martin Luther King.
It also featured a "test the teacher" round, which saw a staff member from each school answer a series of questions on popular culture in a bid to win bonus points.
You may also want to watch:
And after a dominant performance in the final, which aired on Sunday, December 22, Chobham came out on top, winning by 38 points to 18.
Top Class is available to watch on BBC iPlayer.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues