Stratford pupils win CBBC quiz competition
- Credit: CBBC/iPlayer
It’s official - the smartest school in the country is in Stratford.
Chobham Primary Academy have been crowned the winners of CBBC's Top Class competition, which tests primary school pupils' knowledge across a wide range of subjects.
The Year Six pupils beat three other schools on their way to the final, where they took on Bedfordshire's Chantry Primary Academy for the title.
The show, hosted by Susan Calman, saw the four-strong team answer questions on topics including South America, song lyrics and Martin Luther King.
It also featured a "test the teacher" round, which saw a staff member from each school answer a series of questions on popular culture in a bid to win bonus points.
You may also want to watch:
And after a dominant performance in the final, which aired on Sunday, December 22, Chobham came out on top, winning by 38 points to 18.
Top Class is available to watch on BBC iPlayer.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 7 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 10 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa