Stratford pupils given BBC tour of Olympic Park school
- Credit: Archant
Students due to study at the new all-through school in the Olympic Park were given a tour on TV.
Two students, Isabel and Deborah, from Harris Academy in Greenwich were given exclusive access to Chobham Academy in East Village, the first neighbourhood due to open this summer.
Joshua Mabatah and Mariam Al Hadi, currently in Year Six at Colegrave Primary School in Henniker Road, Stratford, were shown around with two other prospective pupils wearing protective clothing as the building is still a working construction site.
In lumious protective clothing, the children walked the students through the corridors, into the gymnasium, and out on to the balcony which has stunning views of East Village and the Olympic Stadium.
Joshua said: “It’s very big and beautiful.”
You may also want to watch:
Mariam added: “And cool and humongous!”
Jason Baigent, the first headteacher of Chobham Academy, said: “It’s not fully determined yet but we are pushing to use all the facilities that are available.
- 1 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
“Obviously, the Velodrome, the Aquatics Centre, all of the venues we know are going to become public realm spaces we will make access to so the swimming lessons will be in the Aquatics Centre for the Olympics and hopefully our sports day will be in the Olympic Stadium.”
The Harris Academy pupils were filming the report as part of a BBC educational scheme called ‘The School Report’ to give young people aged between 11 to 16 a real chance to create and broadcast their own news report.