Stratford musician named best student live act in UK
A musician studying at a college in Stratford scooped a national award for his live performances.
Flying the flag for Newham, artist Strike won Best Live Act at the UK Music Student Awards at Liverpool Sound City.
Strike currently studies at Access to Music London, based in Sugar House Lane, and he travelled up to the Echo Arena with a number of his classmates to perform at the annual music festival and conference.
Fiona Ross, head of learning at Access to Music London, said: “We are extremely proud of our students’ achievements.
“Strike has worked so hard during his time with us, he and his band thoroughly deserve this recognition.
“Very few colleges are able to provide this unique experiences for their students which is what makes Access to Music special.”
Access to Music London are holding an open day for prospective students on June 6.
- 1 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 2 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 3 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
- 4 'Never limit ourselves': Newham dance school reaches 18 years of success
- 5 The ex-gang member who turned from crime to become a pastor mentoring young people
- 6 Burglars jailed for violent Upminster burglary where boy, 11, was shot
- 7 Gainsborough Avenue stabbing: 14-year-old boy charged
- 8 Pensioner dies after being critically injured in East Ham crash
- 9 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 10 Two arrests after multi-vehicle crash on Barking Road
For more information, visit www.accesstomusic.co.uk or call 0800 281842.