Stratford musician named best student live act in UK
A musician studying at a college in Stratford scooped a national award for his live performances.
Flying the flag for Newham, artist Strike won Best Live Act at the UK Music Student Awards at Liverpool Sound City.
Strike currently studies at Access to Music London, based in Sugar House Lane, and he travelled up to the Echo Arena with a number of his classmates to perform at the annual music festival and conference.
Fiona Ross, head of learning at Access to Music London, said: “We are extremely proud of our students’ achievements.
“Strike has worked so hard during his time with us, he and his band thoroughly deserve this recognition.
You may also want to watch:
“Very few colleges are able to provide this unique experiences for their students which is what makes Access to Music special.”
Access to Music London are holding an open day for prospective students on June 6.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
For more information, visit www.accesstomusic.co.uk or call 0800 281842.