Stratford musician named best student live act in UK
A musician studying at a college in Stratford scooped a national award for his live performances.
Flying the flag for Newham, artist Strike won Best Live Act at the UK Music Student Awards at Liverpool Sound City.
Strike currently studies at Access to Music London, based in Sugar House Lane, and he travelled up to the Echo Arena with a number of his classmates to perform at the annual music festival and conference.
Fiona Ross, head of learning at Access to Music London, said: “We are extremely proud of our students’ achievements.
“Strike has worked so hard during his time with us, he and his band thoroughly deserve this recognition.
You may also want to watch:
“Very few colleges are able to provide this unique experiences for their students which is what makes Access to Music special.”
Access to Music London are holding an open day for prospective students on June 6.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
For more information, visit www.accesstomusic.co.uk or call 0800 281842.