Stratford musician named best student live act in UK
A musician studying at a college in Stratford scooped a national award for his live performances.
Flying the flag for Newham, artist Strike won Best Live Act at the UK Music Student Awards at Liverpool Sound City.
Strike currently studies at Access to Music London, based in Sugar House Lane, and he travelled up to the Echo Arena with a number of his classmates to perform at the annual music festival and conference.
Fiona Ross, head of learning at Access to Music London, said: “We are extremely proud of our students’ achievements.
“Strike has worked so hard during his time with us, he and his band thoroughly deserve this recognition.
You may also want to watch:
“Very few colleges are able to provide this unique experiences for their students which is what makes Access to Music special.”
Access to Music London are holding an open day for prospective students on June 6.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
For more information, visit www.accesstomusic.co.uk or call 0800 281842.