Stratford musician named best student live act in UK
A musician studying at a college in Stratford scooped a national award for his live performances.
Flying the flag for Newham, artist Strike won Best Live Act at the UK Music Student Awards at Liverpool Sound City.
Strike currently studies at Access to Music London, based in Sugar House Lane, and he travelled up to the Echo Arena with a number of his classmates to perform at the annual music festival and conference.
Fiona Ross, head of learning at Access to Music London, said: “We are extremely proud of our students’ achievements.
“Strike has worked so hard during his time with us, he and his band thoroughly deserve this recognition.
You may also want to watch:
“Very few colleges are able to provide this unique experiences for their students which is what makes Access to Music special.”
Access to Music London are holding an open day for prospective students on June 6.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 4 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 5 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 7 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 8 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
For more information, visit www.accesstomusic.co.uk or call 0800 281842.