Stratford Circus teams up with Olympic Park neighbourhood to run children’s theatre programme
The young theatre-goers programme of shows and workshops at Stratford Circus has announced a new partnership with East Village, the Olympic Park neighbourhood.
Stratford Circlets, a year-round children’s theatre programme at the arts centre in Theatre Square, will be sponsored by the businesses behind the former Athletes’ Village.
The team behind the E20 legacy site - equivalent to the size of St James’ Park - say the partnership came about while they were discovering Stratford’s cultural offerings in preparation for its first new families.
Clare Connor, director of Stratford Circus, said: “Working closely we are creating a thriving and vibrant neighbourhood here in Stratford, which will be like no other in London.”
Stuart Corbyn, chairman of East Village partner Qatari Diar Delancey, said: “Stratford Circus is one of the key pillars of Stratford’s cultural quarter and we are delighted to support its exciting Circlets programme for local children and families.”
You may also want to watch:
Currently at East Village, new kitchens are being installed and partitions are being taken away that created extra bedrooms for athletes during the Games while final fittings and lanscaping works are being completed for its first residents due to move in this summer.
Visit the Stratford Circus website at www.stratford-circus.com to view the full spring/summer Circlets programme.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19