Stratford Circus teams up with Olympic Park neighbourhood to run children’s theatre programme
The young theatre-goers programme of shows and workshops at Stratford Circus has announced a new partnership with East Village, the Olympic Park neighbourhood.
Stratford Circlets, a year-round children’s theatre programme at the arts centre in Theatre Square, will be sponsored by the businesses behind the former Athletes’ Village.
The team behind the E20 legacy site - equivalent to the size of St James’ Park - say the partnership came about while they were discovering Stratford’s cultural offerings in preparation for its first new families.
Clare Connor, director of Stratford Circus, said: “Working closely we are creating a thriving and vibrant neighbourhood here in Stratford, which will be like no other in London.”
Stuart Corbyn, chairman of East Village partner Qatari Diar Delancey, said: “Stratford Circus is one of the key pillars of Stratford’s cultural quarter and we are delighted to support its exciting Circlets programme for local children and families.”
You may also want to watch:
Currently at East Village, new kitchens are being installed and partitions are being taken away that created extra bedrooms for athletes during the Games while final fittings and lanscaping works are being completed for its first residents due to move in this summer.
Visit the Stratford Circus website at www.stratford-circus.com to view the full spring/summer Circlets programme.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals