GCSE results: St Bonaventure’s pupils celebrate receiving grades
- Credit: Di Halliwell
St Bonaventure’s pupils are celebrating after receiving their GCSE results.
Top achievers include Shams Ullah, who achieved nine 9s and hopes to study physics, maths, further maths and chemistry A-levels.
For Ethan Vargesse, his seven grade 8 and 9s has seen him get a place at the Boleyn Road, Forest Gate school’s sixth form to study maths, further Maths, economics and physics.
He will be joined in the sixth form by Nathaniel Ancea, who got eight Grade 8 or 9s and aims to study maths, chemistry and computing.
Ethan Suppaya picked up four 9s among his grades and will be staying on at the school’s sixth form to study politics, religious studies and English.
You may also want to watch:
Oluwole Akindiya was awarded six 9s and will now go on to study media, art, graphic art and English.
Headteacher Christopher McCormack said: “I’m so proud of the achievements of all the boys this year.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 5 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 10 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
“They have been a wonderful cohort who have faced up to the challenges of this unique year with a sense of purpose and dignity.
“I am confident that they will take this spirit forward with them, go on to do great things and contribute to the common good.”