GCSE results: St Bonaventure’s pupils celebrate receiving grades
- Credit: Di Halliwell
St Bonaventure’s pupils are celebrating after receiving their GCSE results.
Top achievers include Shams Ullah, who achieved nine 9s and hopes to study physics, maths, further maths and chemistry A-levels.
For Ethan Vargesse, his seven grade 8 and 9s has seen him get a place at the Boleyn Road, Forest Gate school’s sixth form to study maths, further Maths, economics and physics.
He will be joined in the sixth form by Nathaniel Ancea, who got eight Grade 8 or 9s and aims to study maths, chemistry and computing.
Ethan Suppaya picked up four 9s among his grades and will be staying on at the school’s sixth form to study politics, religious studies and English.
You may also want to watch:
Oluwole Akindiya was awarded six 9s and will now go on to study media, art, graphic art and English.
Headteacher Christopher McCormack said: “I’m so proud of the achievements of all the boys this year.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
“They have been a wonderful cohort who have faced up to the challenges of this unique year with a sense of purpose and dignity.
“I am confident that they will take this spirit forward with them, go on to do great things and contribute to the common good.”