GCSE results: St Bonaventure’s pupils celebrate receiving grades
- Credit: Di Halliwell
St Bonaventure’s pupils are celebrating after receiving their GCSE results.
Top achievers include Shams Ullah, who achieved nine 9s and hopes to study physics, maths, further maths and chemistry A-levels.
For Ethan Vargesse, his seven grade 8 and 9s has seen him get a place at the Boleyn Road, Forest Gate school’s sixth form to study maths, further Maths, economics and physics.
He will be joined in the sixth form by Nathaniel Ancea, who got eight Grade 8 or 9s and aims to study maths, chemistry and computing.
Ethan Suppaya picked up four 9s among his grades and will be staying on at the school’s sixth form to study politics, religious studies and English.
You may also want to watch:
Oluwole Akindiya was awarded six 9s and will now go on to study media, art, graphic art and English.
Headteacher Christopher McCormack said: “I’m so proud of the achievements of all the boys this year.
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 7 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 8 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
“They have been a wonderful cohort who have faced up to the challenges of this unique year with a sense of purpose and dignity.
“I am confident that they will take this spirit forward with them, go on to do great things and contribute to the common good.”