GCSE results: St Bonaventure’s pupils celebrate receiving grades
- Credit: Di Halliwell
St Bonaventure’s pupils are celebrating after receiving their GCSE results.
Top achievers include Shams Ullah, who achieved nine 9s and hopes to study physics, maths, further maths and chemistry A-levels.
For Ethan Vargesse, his seven grade 8 and 9s has seen him get a place at the Boleyn Road, Forest Gate school’s sixth form to study maths, further Maths, economics and physics.
He will be joined in the sixth form by Nathaniel Ancea, who got eight Grade 8 or 9s and aims to study maths, chemistry and computing.
Ethan Suppaya picked up four 9s among his grades and will be staying on at the school’s sixth form to study politics, religious studies and English.
Oluwole Akindiya was awarded six 9s and will now go on to study media, art, graphic art and English.
Headteacher Christopher McCormack said: “I’m so proud of the achievements of all the boys this year.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 5 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 6 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 9 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
“They have been a wonderful cohort who have faced up to the challenges of this unique year with a sense of purpose and dignity.
“I am confident that they will take this spirit forward with them, go on to do great things and contribute to the common good.”