GCSE results: St Bon’s celebrates increase in number of students earning top grades 9-7
- Credit: Archant
St Bonaventure’s is celebrating excellent GCSE exam results, with an increase in the average grade and a higher number of students achieving 9-7.
A number of pupils at the Boleyn Rd, Forest Gate school excelled, including Emmanuel Barco and Kwesi Abeyie-Boateng.
Emmanuel's grades included eight 9s and Kwesi earned the top grade in seven subjects.
Anton Joseph, who achieved his GCSE at grade 9 to 8, said: "St Bon's has always been full of joy for me.
"I am so happy to have achieved so much with the help of the school."
You may also want to watch:
There were further improved results in many curriculum areas.
Incoming headteacher Chris McCormack, who will start at the school in September, said: "It is a pleasure to celebrate with our students and staff who have worked so hard to achieve these results.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 10 Stratford dance and music hub gets £700k boost
"My congratulations to all of our students and I wish them every success as they take their next steps.
"Many will now enter our sixth form and will continue to make a positive contribution to our community."