GCSE results: St Bon’s celebrates increase in number of students earning top grades 9-7
- Credit: Archant
St Bonaventure’s is celebrating excellent GCSE exam results, with an increase in the average grade and a higher number of students achieving 9-7.
A number of pupils at the Boleyn Rd, Forest Gate school excelled, including Emmanuel Barco and Kwesi Abeyie-Boateng.
Emmanuel's grades included eight 9s and Kwesi earned the top grade in seven subjects.
Anton Joseph, who achieved his GCSE at grade 9 to 8, said: "St Bon's has always been full of joy for me.
"I am so happy to have achieved so much with the help of the school."
You may also want to watch:
There were further improved results in many curriculum areas.
Incoming headteacher Chris McCormack, who will start at the school in September, said: "It is a pleasure to celebrate with our students and staff who have worked so hard to achieve these results.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 5 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
"My congratulations to all of our students and I wish them every success as they take their next steps.
"Many will now enter our sixth form and will continue to make a positive contribution to our community."