GCSE results: St Bon’s celebrates increase in number of students earning top grades 9-7
- Credit: Archant
St Bonaventure’s is celebrating excellent GCSE exam results, with an increase in the average grade and a higher number of students achieving 9-7.
A number of pupils at the Boleyn Rd, Forest Gate school excelled, including Emmanuel Barco and Kwesi Abeyie-Boateng.
Emmanuel's grades included eight 9s and Kwesi earned the top grade in seven subjects.
Anton Joseph, who achieved his GCSE at grade 9 to 8, said: "St Bon's has always been full of joy for me.
"I am so happy to have achieved so much with the help of the school."
You may also want to watch:
There were further improved results in many curriculum areas.
Incoming headteacher Chris McCormack, who will start at the school in September, said: "It is a pleasure to celebrate with our students and staff who have worked so hard to achieve these results.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
"My congratulations to all of our students and I wish them every success as they take their next steps.
"Many will now enter our sixth form and will continue to make a positive contribution to our community."