Sponsorship deal finalised for Newham Collegiate
- Credit: Archant
A sponsorship deal for the Newham Collegiate Sixth Form has been completed, making it part of the City of London Academies Trust.
It has been formalised following a funding agreement with the Department for Education, meaning the sixth form will now be a member of the trust, which runs sponsored academies on behalf of the City of London Corporation.
It currently sponsors or co-sponsors 10 high-achieving academies in London.
Andrew McMurtrie, chair of the trust, said: “We are delighted to be welcoming the school and its students into the City of London Academies Trust family.
“We will continue to work closely with the London Borough of Newham and the partner schools to ensure the sixth form continues to deliver outstanding education, helping students to reach their full academic potential.”
You may also want to watch:
The deal for the Barking Road, East Ham sixth form was originally announced last year.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 4 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 8 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016