Sponsorship deal finalised for Newham Collegiate
- Credit: Archant
A sponsorship deal for the Newham Collegiate Sixth Form has been completed, making it part of the City of London Academies Trust.
It has been formalised following a funding agreement with the Department for Education, meaning the sixth form will now be a member of the trust, which runs sponsored academies on behalf of the City of London Corporation.
It currently sponsors or co-sponsors 10 high-achieving academies in London.
Andrew McMurtrie, chair of the trust, said: “We are delighted to be welcoming the school and its students into the City of London Academies Trust family.
“We will continue to work closely with the London Borough of Newham and the partner schools to ensure the sixth form continues to deliver outstanding education, helping students to reach their full academic potential.”
You may also want to watch:
The deal for the Barking Road, East Ham sixth form was originally announced last year.
- 1 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 2 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing