Sponsorship deal finalised for Newham Collegiate
- Credit: Archant
A sponsorship deal for the Newham Collegiate Sixth Form has been completed, making it part of the City of London Academies Trust.
It has been formalised following a funding agreement with the Department for Education, meaning the sixth form will now be a member of the trust, which runs sponsored academies on behalf of the City of London Corporation.
It currently sponsors or co-sponsors 10 high-achieving academies in London.
Andrew McMurtrie, chair of the trust, said: “We are delighted to be welcoming the school and its students into the City of London Academies Trust family.
“We will continue to work closely with the London Borough of Newham and the partner schools to ensure the sixth form continues to deliver outstanding education, helping students to reach their full academic potential.”
You may also want to watch:
The deal for the Barking Road, East Ham sixth form was originally announced last year.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'