Special guests to perform at Forest Gate Community School poetry evening
Two internationally renowned poets will be among special guests at a night of performance and creative writing at a Newham school.
Anthony Anaxagorou and Sabrina Mahfouz have performed across the world and will be visiting Forest Gate Community School this evening.
The evening will also include live poetry readings from Year 9, 10 and 11 students, a performance from the schools “piano boys” and a creative writing workshop.
Guest will also get the chance to buy a copy of the “Write Club” anthology, a new book put together by the schools budding young writers.
Forest Gate head Simon Elliott praised staff for organising the night, aimed at inspiring pupils to get involved with creative writing.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It is so important for our children to feel they can explore their creativity. Our pupils can relate to artists like Anthony and Sabrina because they come from similar backgrounds. That can act as a huge inspiration to them.
He added: “A lot of work has gone into this from some very dedicated teachers. I have seen some of the rehearsals and I can tell you that some of the performances are very impressive. It promises to be a great night.”
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
The First Story Anthology is from 4.00pm – 5.30pm this evening at Forest Gate Community School on Forest Lane.
For more information call 0208 534 8666.