“Sky’s the limit” for East Ham clarinetist
- Credit: Archant
A thirteen-year-old clarinetist earned praise from his headteacher after he was awarded the top grade in a music exam.
Oluwafemi Michael, a Year Eight student at St Bonaventure’s RC School in Boleyn Road, Forest Gate, gained a Distinction in his Grade Three clarinet exam.
His music teacher at Newham Music Academy contacted Olu’s mum as soon as the results were in on Monday April 15 who then broke the news to her son.
Olu, from East Ham, started playing the clarinet in Year Two at St Michael’s Catholic Primary School.
Headteacher Paul Halliwell said: “It’s always nice to hear when our boys are doing well, both inside school and outside school.
You may also want to watch:
“Olu is a member of our junior band and is very active in all aspects of school life. I’m really happy for him and hope this latest achievement will spur him on and encourage him to aim high. With his talent, the sky really is the limit.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 4 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 5 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings