“Sky’s the limit” for East Ham clarinetist
- Credit: Archant
A thirteen-year-old clarinetist earned praise from his headteacher after he was awarded the top grade in a music exam.
Oluwafemi Michael, a Year Eight student at St Bonaventure’s RC School in Boleyn Road, Forest Gate, gained a Distinction in his Grade Three clarinet exam.
His music teacher at Newham Music Academy contacted Olu’s mum as soon as the results were in on Monday April 15 who then broke the news to her son.
Olu, from East Ham, started playing the clarinet in Year Two at St Michael’s Catholic Primary School.
Headteacher Paul Halliwell said: “It’s always nice to hear when our boys are doing well, both inside school and outside school.
You may also want to watch:
“Olu is a member of our junior band and is very active in all aspects of school life. I’m really happy for him and hope this latest achievement will spur him on and encourage him to aim high. With his talent, the sky really is the limit.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 3 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 7 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders