“Sky’s the limit” for East Ham clarinetist
- Credit: Archant
A thirteen-year-old clarinetist earned praise from his headteacher after he was awarded the top grade in a music exam.
Oluwafemi Michael, a Year Eight student at St Bonaventure’s RC School in Boleyn Road, Forest Gate, gained a Distinction in his Grade Three clarinet exam.
His music teacher at Newham Music Academy contacted Olu’s mum as soon as the results were in on Monday April 15 who then broke the news to her son.
Olu, from East Ham, started playing the clarinet in Year Two at St Michael’s Catholic Primary School.
Headteacher Paul Halliwell said: “It’s always nice to hear when our boys are doing well, both inside school and outside school.
You may also want to watch:
“Olu is a member of our junior band and is very active in all aspects of school life. I’m really happy for him and hope this latest achievement will spur him on and encourage him to aim high. With his talent, the sky really is the limit.”
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plans for industrial hub, shipyard and homes on Albert Island approved