“Sky’s the limit” for East Ham clarinetist
- Credit: Archant
A thirteen-year-old clarinetist earned praise from his headteacher after he was awarded the top grade in a music exam.
Oluwafemi Michael, a Year Eight student at St Bonaventure’s RC School in Boleyn Road, Forest Gate, gained a Distinction in his Grade Three clarinet exam.
His music teacher at Newham Music Academy contacted Olu’s mum as soon as the results were in on Monday April 15 who then broke the news to her son.
Olu, from East Ham, started playing the clarinet in Year Two at St Michael’s Catholic Primary School.
Headteacher Paul Halliwell said: “It’s always nice to hear when our boys are doing well, both inside school and outside school.
You may also want to watch:
“Olu is a member of our junior band and is very active in all aspects of school life. I’m really happy for him and hope this latest achievement will spur him on and encourage him to aim high. With his talent, the sky really is the limit.”
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services