Singers perform at New VIc college talent show
Staff and students packed NewVIc sixth form college’s main hall to see its much anticipated talent show.
They were certainly not left disappointed, as an array of poets, beat boxers, dancers, and singers took to the stage.
Acts were judged by a panel including former New VIc student Forhad Hussain, now a Newham councillor, and Shamilla Kumari and Shaka Daanwi from Newham Council.
Four acts, including talented singers Ama Ofori Darko, 17, studying for her A-levels and performing arts student Michelle Andrade, 17 were selected to perform at the Plaistow Festival on May 13 at New City Primary School.
Ms Kumari said: “It was truly an amazing evening, the atmosphere was fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“My contribution in selecting the four winners was tremendously difficult, as all the acts were amazing and had great talent.”
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford