Singers perform at New VIc college talent show
Staff and students packed NewVIc sixth form college’s main hall to see its much anticipated talent show.
They were certainly not left disappointed, as an array of poets, beat boxers, dancers, and singers took to the stage.
Acts were judged by a panel including former New VIc student Forhad Hussain, now a Newham councillor, and Shamilla Kumari and Shaka Daanwi from Newham Council.
Four acts, including talented singers Ama Ofori Darko, 17, studying for her A-levels and performing arts student Michelle Andrade, 17 were selected to perform at the Plaistow Festival on May 13 at New City Primary School.
Ms Kumari said: “It was truly an amazing evening, the atmosphere was fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“My contribution in selecting the four winners was tremendously difficult, as all the acts were amazing and had great talent.”
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation