Singers perform at New VIc college talent show
Staff and students packed NewVIc sixth form college’s main hall to see its much anticipated talent show.
They were certainly not left disappointed, as an array of poets, beat boxers, dancers, and singers took to the stage.
Acts were judged by a panel including former New VIc student Forhad Hussain, now a Newham councillor, and Shamilla Kumari and Shaka Daanwi from Newham Council.
Four acts, including talented singers Ama Ofori Darko, 17, studying for her A-levels and performing arts student Michelle Andrade, 17 were selected to perform at the Plaistow Festival on May 13 at New City Primary School.
Ms Kumari said: “It was truly an amazing evening, the atmosphere was fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“My contribution in selecting the four winners was tremendously difficult, as all the acts were amazing and had great talent.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman