GCSE results: Sarah Bonnell headteacher praises ‘impressive’ grades
- Credit: Sarah Bonnell School
The headteacher of Sarah Bonnell School has praised the “impressive achievements” of pupils who have received their GCSE results.
Pupils at the Deanery Road, Stratford, school have collected handfuls of 9s - the top grade - in their exams, with the top achievers gaining five or six 9s apiece.
The school saw 68 per cent of pupils pass English and maths with a 4 or above - up 4pc from last year - while 49pc got a strong pass of 9-5.
Headteacher Rae Potter said: "Congratulations to all our Year 11 students on their impressive achievements.
"Sarah Bonnell students are known for being ambitious, hard-working and resilient and these results show that to be true.
You may also want to watch:
"Staff have worked incredibly hard to ensure students have the very best qualifications and I am very proud of the fact that our GCSE success goes hand-in-hand with providing a wide range of opportunities and experiences that help our students develop as well-rounded and confident young people."
- 1 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 2 Man, 19, arrested in Newham during proactive police patrol
- 3 Junior Jah: Police release image of stolen car used in Custom House fatal attack
- 4 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered by firefighters tackling blaze in Upton Park
- 6 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 7 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Excess death rates in Newham among highest in England and Wales, figures show
- 10 'Beautiful' meadow blossoms at Wanstead Flats a year after Covid-19 mortuary removed