Forest Gate pupils recreate London landmarks in architecture exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Sandringham Primary in Forest Gate have turned their hand to modelling London’s most famous landmarks.
Canary Wharf, the Globe and Tower Bridge were all recreated by the eight-year-olds.
The school worked with architects from Morris+Company to help the children understand what goes in to making a building.
“I really enjoyed seeing my model, my friends and even the mums’ models in the exhibition,” said Daniel Patriciu, who is eight.
“It made me happy when my mum came into class to draw and make the models with us.”
You may also want to watch:
His classmate Samiha Afrin said: “I liked when the architects came and taught us the process of building—I learnt it is really long!”
The fruits of their work are currently being shown at Stratford library. The models will be on display for the whole of Easter.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
Stratford Library was specially chosen for its place within the community.
As part of the project, the pupils were given weekly model-making and sketching workshops.
Parents, grandparents, cousins were all invited to join these workshops in an effort to combine school and home life.
Two members of staff from Morris+Company also gave an assembly to pupils and their families to give them an insight into architecture.
Joanne Rubach, who is year group leader of year 4, spent a morning with members of the forest gate community modelling with recycled materials.
They made replicas of Forest Gate Station, Superdrug and the clock in Forest Gate. These are also on show at the library.