GCSE results: Royal Docks headteacher ‘very proud’ of success
- Credit: Archant
Royal Docks Academy is celebrating after more than half of pupils passed both English and maths with a 4 or above - the highest pass rate in the school’s history.
It's the second year running the school, which became an academy in January 2018, has achieved record results.
Executive headteacher John Blaney said: "We are delighted that yet again since joining the Burnt Mill Academy Trust, the school continues on an upward trend.
"This is due to the hard work of our staff, who go above and beyond and give up their time to support our young people, and the hard work of our students.
"Since joining BMAT, the school has undergone many changes, including a radical overhaul of our curriculum.
You may also want to watch:
"Hopefully, these results justify those changes. Our high expectations for our students are already reaping great results.
"We are feeling very proud."
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking