GCSE results: Royal Docks headteacher ‘very proud’ of success
- Credit: Archant
Royal Docks Academy is celebrating after more than half of pupils passed both English and maths with a 4 or above - the highest pass rate in the school’s history.
It's the second year running the school, which became an academy in January 2018, has achieved record results.
Executive headteacher John Blaney said: "We are delighted that yet again since joining the Burnt Mill Academy Trust, the school continues on an upward trend.
"This is due to the hard work of our staff, who go above and beyond and give up their time to support our young people, and the hard work of our students.
"Since joining BMAT, the school has undergone many changes, including a radical overhaul of our curriculum.
You may also want to watch:
"Hopefully, these results justify those changes. Our high expectations for our students are already reaping great results.
"We are feeling very proud."
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover