GCSE results: Royal Docks headteacher ‘very proud’ of success
- Credit: Archant
Royal Docks Academy is celebrating after more than half of pupils passed both English and maths with a 4 or above - the highest pass rate in the school’s history.
It's the second year running the school, which became an academy in January 2018, has achieved record results.
Executive headteacher John Blaney said: "We are delighted that yet again since joining the Burnt Mill Academy Trust, the school continues on an upward trend.
"This is due to the hard work of our staff, who go above and beyond and give up their time to support our young people, and the hard work of our students.
"Since joining BMAT, the school has undergone many changes, including a radical overhaul of our curriculum.
You may also want to watch:
"Hopefully, these results justify those changes. Our high expectations for our students are already reaping great results.
"We are feeling very proud."
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham