GCSE results: Rokeby School headteacher’s pride as pupils receive grades
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of Rokeby School has said she is proud of the “resilience and determination” shown by pupils receiving their GCSE results.
Charlotte Robinson, who is in charge of the Barking Road, Canning Town school, said: “I am so proud of our boys’ achievements.
“This year they have been faced with unprecedented challenges and have demonstrated resilience and determination throughout. Thank you to all the staff and parents who have given them the support they need to achieve success.”
Pupils who collected their results said they were happy with the outcome, with grades based on teacher predictions after this summer’s exams were cancelled.
Jaiden Wisdom, who joined the school in Year 10, said he was expected to get 3s and 4s but picked up much higher grades in many of his subjects.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I enjoyed my learning as I could focus at Rokeby and the atmosphere for learning was great for me.”
Reece Lukombo said that he was “over the moon” with his grades, adding: “My family are really proud of me, and I am so grateful to them, my friends and all of the teachers that have worked with me.”
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plans for industrial hub, shipyard and homes on Albert Island approved