GCSE results: Rokeby headteacher praises top student who scooped 11 grade 9s
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of Rokeby School has praised a pupil who achieved top grades across the board on GCSE results day.
Charlotte Robinson of the secondary in Barking Road, Canning Town, said she was "very proud" to congratulate the youngster whose family requested only his first name, Luqman, be used.
The teenager scooped 11 grade 9s, an A* in further maths and distinction in PE.
On the secondary's results, Ms Robinson, said: "At Rokeby, the maths, physics and computer science departments celebrated some fantastic results today.
"All three subjects saw more than two thirds of students achieving a pass with more than 20 per cent achieving a grade 7 or better."
You may also want to watch:
All the boys taking further maths succeeded with four getting the elusive A^, which is a grade above A*.
The school's second highest achiever, Jibriel Yahya, achieved seven 9s, two 8s and two 6s. Eayasin Hossain, originally from Bangladesh who arrived in year 10 after moving from Italy, achieved nine grades at 7 or above including a 9 in maths and science and an A* in further maths.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 3 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 4 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 5 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 6 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 7 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 8 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 9 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff feels he knows already what makes the squad tick