GCSE results: Rokeby headteacher praises top student who scooped 11 grade 9s
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of Rokeby School has praised a pupil who achieved top grades across the board on GCSE results day.
Charlotte Robinson of the secondary in Barking Road, Canning Town, said she was "very proud" to congratulate the youngster whose family requested only his first name, Luqman, be used.
The teenager scooped 11 grade 9s, an A* in further maths and distinction in PE.
On the secondary's results, Ms Robinson, said: "At Rokeby, the maths, physics and computer science departments celebrated some fantastic results today.
"All three subjects saw more than two thirds of students achieving a pass with more than 20 per cent achieving a grade 7 or better."
You may also want to watch:
All the boys taking further maths succeeded with four getting the elusive A^, which is a grade above A*.
The school's second highest achiever, Jibriel Yahya, achieved seven 9s, two 8s and two 6s. Eayasin Hossain, originally from Bangladesh who arrived in year 10 after moving from Italy, achieved nine grades at 7 or above including a 9 in maths and science and an A* in further maths.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work