Rokeby comes second in GM2Live!
Newham came second in the Battle of the Bands challenge last week.
Rokeby, representing Newham as The Thrift Shoppers, took part in the Gateway to Music (G2M) performance with their 30p song on Friday 18 July in Hackney.
James Thomas, Head of Hackney Music Service, said: “We are delighted to be leading this innovative partnership project and engaging the community.
The music competition was broadcasted live on the HackneyLive website where the public had the chance to support their local band.
Led by Hackney Music Service, the lead organisation for the Hackney Music Network, the champion gets to perform at Hackney One Carnival, on the Youth Music Stage 14 September.
You may also want to watch:
Studio time at the renowned Premises Studios in Hackney was also awarded.
“Access to performance opportunities live the Carnival and a professional recording studio like the Premises Studios is a dream come true for many bands,” he added.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
Olympic boroughs involved with the event were Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets, and Waltham Forest.