Rokeby comes second in GM2Live!
Newham came second in the Battle of the Bands challenge last week.
Rokeby, representing Newham as The Thrift Shoppers, took part in the Gateway to Music (G2M) performance with their 30p song on Friday 18 July in Hackney.
James Thomas, Head of Hackney Music Service, said: “We are delighted to be leading this innovative partnership project and engaging the community.
The music competition was broadcasted live on the HackneyLive website where the public had the chance to support their local band.
Led by Hackney Music Service, the lead organisation for the Hackney Music Network, the champion gets to perform at Hackney One Carnival, on the Youth Music Stage 14 September.
You may also want to watch:
Studio time at the renowned Premises Studios in Hackney was also awarded.
“Access to performance opportunities live the Carnival and a professional recording studio like the Premises Studios is a dream come true for many bands,” he added.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
Olympic boroughs involved with the event were Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets, and Waltham Forest.