Rokeby comes second in GM2Live!
Newham came second in the Battle of the Bands challenge last week.
Rokeby, representing Newham as The Thrift Shoppers, took part in the Gateway to Music (G2M) performance with their 30p song on Friday 18 July in Hackney.
James Thomas, Head of Hackney Music Service, said: “We are delighted to be leading this innovative partnership project and engaging the community.
The music competition was broadcasted live on the HackneyLive website where the public had the chance to support their local band.
Led by Hackney Music Service, the lead organisation for the Hackney Music Network, the champion gets to perform at Hackney One Carnival, on the Youth Music Stage 14 September.
Studio time at the renowned Premises Studios in Hackney was also awarded.
“Access to performance opportunities live the Carnival and a professional recording studio like the Premises Studios is a dream come true for many bands,” he added.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 3 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 4 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 5 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 6 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 7 Mother and daughter, 3, left without boiler as temperatures hit freezing
- 8 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 9 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
Olympic boroughs involved with the event were Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets, and Waltham Forest.