Rokeby comes second in GM2Live!
Newham came second in the Battle of the Bands challenge last week.
Rokeby, representing Newham as The Thrift Shoppers, took part in the Gateway to Music (G2M) performance with their 30p song on Friday 18 July in Hackney.
James Thomas, Head of Hackney Music Service, said: “We are delighted to be leading this innovative partnership project and engaging the community.
The music competition was broadcasted live on the HackneyLive website where the public had the chance to support their local band.
Led by Hackney Music Service, the lead organisation for the Hackney Music Network, the champion gets to perform at Hackney One Carnival, on the Youth Music Stage 14 September.
You may also want to watch:
Studio time at the renowned Premises Studios in Hackney was also awarded.
“Access to performance opportunities live the Carnival and a professional recording studio like the Premises Studios is a dream come true for many bands,” he added.
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 7 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 8 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
Olympic boroughs involved with the event were Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets, and Waltham Forest.