Record visitors help make Manor Park fete a success
- Credit: Archant
The weekend’s warm weather enticed a record number of people to get out and enjoy a summer fete organised by children at a Manor Park school.
More than 1,700 people enjoyed the many activities on offer at the Little Ilford School summer fete in Browning Road on Saturday aftrnoon.
A band from the East Ham air cadets provided musical entertainment while firemen from East Ham fire station kept children entertained as they clambered aboard a fire engine.
Among the attractions were demonstrations of Tae Kwon Do by students from the Manor Park School of Tae Kwon Do
There were also demonstrations from members of the Fight For Peace academy which uses boxing and martial arts combined with education and personal development to realise the potential of young people in communities.
You may also want to watch:
There was a wide variety of stalls to keep children and grown ups happy, fed and watered on one of the warmest days of the year.
Other attractions included a bouncy castle, a barbecue and face painting.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals