Record visitors help make Manor Park fete a success
- Credit: Archant
The weekend’s warm weather enticed a record number of people to get out and enjoy a summer fete organised by children at a Manor Park school.
More than 1,700 people enjoyed the many activities on offer at the Little Ilford School summer fete in Browning Road on Saturday aftrnoon.
A band from the East Ham air cadets provided musical entertainment while firemen from East Ham fire station kept children entertained as they clambered aboard a fire engine.
Among the attractions were demonstrations of Tae Kwon Do by students from the Manor Park School of Tae Kwon Do
There were also demonstrations from members of the Fight For Peace academy which uses boxing and martial arts combined with education and personal development to realise the potential of young people in communities.
You may also want to watch:
There was a wide variety of stalls to keep children and grown ups happy, fed and watered on one of the warmest days of the year.
Other attractions included a bouncy castle, a barbecue and face painting.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley