Record visitors help make Manor Park fete a success
- Credit: Archant
The weekend’s warm weather enticed a record number of people to get out and enjoy a summer fete organised by children at a Manor Park school.
More than 1,700 people enjoyed the many activities on offer at the Little Ilford School summer fete in Browning Road on Saturday aftrnoon.
A band from the East Ham air cadets provided musical entertainment while firemen from East Ham fire station kept children entertained as they clambered aboard a fire engine.
Among the attractions were demonstrations of Tae Kwon Do by students from the Manor Park School of Tae Kwon Do
There were also demonstrations from members of the Fight For Peace academy which uses boxing and martial arts combined with education and personal development to realise the potential of young people in communities.
You may also want to watch:
There was a wide variety of stalls to keep children and grown ups happy, fed and watered on one of the warmest days of the year.
Other attractions included a bouncy castle, a barbecue and face painting.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House