Record visitors help make Manor Park fete a success
- Credit: Archant
The weekend’s warm weather enticed a record number of people to get out and enjoy a summer fete organised by children at a Manor Park school.
More than 1,700 people enjoyed the many activities on offer at the Little Ilford School summer fete in Browning Road on Saturday aftrnoon.
A band from the East Ham air cadets provided musical entertainment while firemen from East Ham fire station kept children entertained as they clambered aboard a fire engine.
Among the attractions were demonstrations of Tae Kwon Do by students from the Manor Park School of Tae Kwon Do
There were also demonstrations from members of the Fight For Peace academy which uses boxing and martial arts combined with education and personal development to realise the potential of young people in communities.
You may also want to watch:
There was a wide variety of stalls to keep children and grown ups happy, fed and watered on one of the warmest days of the year.
Other attractions included a bouncy castle, a barbecue and face painting.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 8 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 9 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR