East Ham school launches reading bus
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in East Ham has launched a library on wheels to encourage pupils to read during play time.
The 'reading bus' outside Central Park Primary School, Central Park Road, is one of the first of its kind in Newham.
Executive headteacher Darren Williams said other schools were looking to replicate the idea in their playgrounds.
He said: 'The more we read, the more we understand the world around us.
'At Central Park, prompting the love of reading is the first step on the journey to excelling.
'Our reading bus is part of that journey.'
The school launched the reading bus with Newham councillor Julianne Marriott, who is cabinet member for education, attending along with parents and the school's former PTA.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 6 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 7 We need to put the ball in the net says Rice after West Ham defeat at City
- 8 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women