East Ham school launches reading bus
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in East Ham has launched a library on wheels to encourage pupils to read during play time.
The 'reading bus' outside Central Park Primary School, Central Park Road, is one of the first of its kind in Newham.
Executive headteacher Darren Williams said other schools were looking to replicate the idea in their playgrounds.
He said: 'The more we read, the more we understand the world around us.
'At Central Park, prompting the love of reading is the first step on the journey to excelling.
You may also want to watch:
'Our reading bus is part of that journey.'
The school launched the reading bus with Newham councillor Julianne Marriott, who is cabinet member for education, attending along with parents and the school's former PTA.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 5 Junior Jah: Police release image of stolen car used in Custom House fatal attack
- 6 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 7 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 'Beautiful' meadow blossoms at Wanstead Flats a year after Covid-19 mortuary removed
- 10 Dina Asher-Smith eyeing relay redemption at Tokyo 2020 Olympics