East Ham school launches reading bus
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in East Ham has launched a library on wheels to encourage pupils to read during play time.
The 'reading bus' outside Central Park Primary School, Central Park Road, is one of the first of its kind in Newham.
Executive headteacher Darren Williams said other schools were looking to replicate the idea in their playgrounds.
He said: 'The more we read, the more we understand the world around us.
'At Central Park, prompting the love of reading is the first step on the journey to excelling.
You may also want to watch:
'Our reading bus is part of that journey.'
The school launched the reading bus with Newham councillor Julianne Marriott, who is cabinet member for education, attending along with parents and the school's former PTA.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 5 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 6 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 7 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 10 'Kindly keep out of Stratford': Johnson criticised over cycling trip