East Ham school launches reading bus
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in East Ham has launched a library on wheels to encourage pupils to read during play time.
The 'reading bus' outside Central Park Primary School, Central Park Road, is one of the first of its kind in Newham.
Executive headteacher Darren Williams said other schools were looking to replicate the idea in their playgrounds.
He said: 'The more we read, the more we understand the world around us.
'At Central Park, prompting the love of reading is the first step on the journey to excelling.
You may also want to watch:
'Our reading bus is part of that journey.'
The school launched the reading bus with Newham councillor Julianne Marriott, who is cabinet member for education, attending along with parents and the school's former PTA.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 6 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton