East London Science School pupils interview hockey players after international match
- Credit: Garry Bowden
Plenty of young sports fans dream of meeting their idols.
Not many get the chance to do so, however, and even fewer get the chance to conduct a live, on-camera post-match interview.
That was exactly what East London Science School pupils Evie Dooley and George Kingham were given the opportunity to do when they attended the Great Britain vs Belgium men’s hockey match.
The two Year Eight pupils were called down from the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre stands to speak to the players.
“We were asked if we needed help coming up with question for the players but we both had questions we wanted to ask,” Evie said.
You may also want to watch:
“I really like hockey and so when I interviewed the players I asked them how they practice before a match and what they what other sports they were interested.”
George added: “I asked what foods they were not allowed to eat. They said pizza and chips because they had to stay fit and healthy.”
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 7 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 10 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys