East London Science School pupils interview hockey players after international match
- Credit: Garry Bowden
Plenty of young sports fans dream of meeting their idols.
Not many get the chance to do so, however, and even fewer get the chance to conduct a live, on-camera post-match interview.
That was exactly what East London Science School pupils Evie Dooley and George Kingham were given the opportunity to do when they attended the Great Britain vs Belgium men’s hockey match.
The two Year Eight pupils were called down from the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre stands to speak to the players.
“We were asked if we needed help coming up with question for the players but we both had questions we wanted to ask,” Evie said.
You may also want to watch:
“I really like hockey and so when I interviewed the players I asked them how they practice before a match and what they what other sports they were interested.”
George added: “I asked what foods they were not allowed to eat. They said pizza and chips because they had to stay fit and healthy.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years