East London Science School pupils interview hockey players after international match
- Credit: Garry Bowden
Plenty of young sports fans dream of meeting their idols.
Not many get the chance to do so, however, and even fewer get the chance to conduct a live, on-camera post-match interview.
That was exactly what East London Science School pupils Evie Dooley and George Kingham were given the opportunity to do when they attended the Great Britain vs Belgium men’s hockey match.
The two Year Eight pupils were called down from the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre stands to speak to the players.
“We were asked if we needed help coming up with question for the players but we both had questions we wanted to ask,” Evie said.
You may also want to watch:
“I really like hockey and so when I interviewed the players I asked them how they practice before a match and what they what other sports they were interested.”
George added: “I asked what foods they were not allowed to eat. They said pizza and chips because they had to stay fit and healthy.”
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 3 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Sir David Amess remembered as 'loved husband, father, MP and St Bon's boy'
- 7 Gallions Reach chef to be judged by Michel Roux Jr as finalist for prestigious title
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 Candle causes Stratford flat fire which saw two people in hospital
- 10 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone