East London Science School pupils interview hockey players after international match
- Credit: Garry Bowden
Plenty of young sports fans dream of meeting their idols.
Not many get the chance to do so, however, and even fewer get the chance to conduct a live, on-camera post-match interview.
That was exactly what East London Science School pupils Evie Dooley and George Kingham were given the opportunity to do when they attended the Great Britain vs Belgium men’s hockey match.
The two Year Eight pupils were called down from the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre stands to speak to the players.
“We were asked if we needed help coming up with question for the players but we both had questions we wanted to ask,” Evie said.
You may also want to watch:
“I really like hockey and so when I interviewed the players I asked them how they practice before a match and what they what other sports they were interested.”
George added: “I asked what foods they were not allowed to eat. They said pizza and chips because they had to stay fit and healthy.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford