East London Science School pupils interview hockey players after international match
- Credit: Garry Bowden
Plenty of young sports fans dream of meeting their idols.
Not many get the chance to do so, however, and even fewer get the chance to conduct a live, on-camera post-match interview.
That was exactly what East London Science School pupils Evie Dooley and George Kingham were given the opportunity to do when they attended the Great Britain vs Belgium men’s hockey match.
The two Year Eight pupils were called down from the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre stands to speak to the players.
“We were asked if we needed help coming up with question for the players but we both had questions we wanted to ask,” Evie said.
You may also want to watch:
“I really like hockey and so when I interviewed the players I asked them how they practice before a match and what they what other sports they were interested.”
George added: “I asked what foods they were not allowed to eat. They said pizza and chips because they had to stay fit and healthy.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals