Primary school in Forest Gate gets modern pre-school and arts facilities
- Credit: Archant
A rundown nursery in Forest Gate has been replaced with a state-of-the-art building.
Sandringham Primary School was lacking teaching facilities for art and music, and pre-school pupils didn’t have a designated space.
The new building includes all of these, with rooflights and sliding doors to let in light, and art, music and drama rooms on the first floor.
Robert Cleary, Sandringham’s headteacher, said: “We are very lucky to have this beautiful new building.
“The idea was to have a community building, visible to parents as they drop off their children, and now we have just that.”
You may also want to watch:
The building was designed by Walters & Cohen Architects. Michal Cohen, director at the firm, said: “The responses from the children have been great. We wanted to create something which established a relationship with the existing school site and the surroundings, and I believe we’ve delivered that. We hope the building continues to delight for many years to come.”
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 8 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 9 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate