Primary school in Forest Gate gets modern pre-school and arts facilities
- Credit: Archant
A rundown nursery in Forest Gate has been replaced with a state-of-the-art building.
Sandringham Primary School was lacking teaching facilities for art and music, and pre-school pupils didn’t have a designated space.
The new building includes all of these, with rooflights and sliding doors to let in light, and art, music and drama rooms on the first floor.
Robert Cleary, Sandringham’s headteacher, said: “We are very lucky to have this beautiful new building.
“The idea was to have a community building, visible to parents as they drop off their children, and now we have just that.”
You may also want to watch:
The building was designed by Walters & Cohen Architects. Michal Cohen, director at the firm, said: “The responses from the children have been great. We wanted to create something which established a relationship with the existing school site and the surroundings, and I believe we’ve delivered that. We hope the building continues to delight for many years to come.”
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week