Primary school in Forest Gate gets modern pre-school and arts facilities
- Credit: Archant
A rundown nursery in Forest Gate has been replaced with a state-of-the-art building.
Sandringham Primary School was lacking teaching facilities for art and music, and pre-school pupils didn’t have a designated space.
The new building includes all of these, with rooflights and sliding doors to let in light, and art, music and drama rooms on the first floor.
Robert Cleary, Sandringham’s headteacher, said: “We are very lucky to have this beautiful new building.
“The idea was to have a community building, visible to parents as they drop off their children, and now we have just that.”
You may also want to watch:
The building was designed by Walters & Cohen Architects. Michal Cohen, director at the firm, said: “The responses from the children have been great. We wanted to create something which established a relationship with the existing school site and the surroundings, and I believe we’ve delivered that. We hope the building continues to delight for many years to come.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up