Plaistow youngsters celebrate 500 days until the start of Rugby World Cup 2015
- Credit: Archant
Rugby-mad youngsters celebrated 500 days to go until the start of next year’s world cup by showcasing their skills.
Pupils from Curwen Primary School in Plaistow gave a demonstration at East London Rugby Club in West Ham.
Tuesday’s visit celebrated the fact that Newham will host five of the tournament matches at Queen Elizabeth Park next year, including the bronze final.
Curwen School is one of 14 schools receiving rugby training to celebrate the world cup.
The council has commissioned charity East London Community Sports Association to deliver junior rugby programmes in all the primary schools in the borough over the next five years, as well as 12-week school holiday programmes.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the world cup will go on sale on September 12.
Residents can sign up for all the latest news on the tournament by visiting rugbyworldcup.com/frontrow
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 We're not promising anything we can't deliver says West Ham boss David Moyes