Plaistow youngsters celebrate 500 days until the start of Rugby World Cup 2015
- Credit: Archant
Rugby-mad youngsters celebrated 500 days to go until the start of next year’s world cup by showcasing their skills.
Pupils from Curwen Primary School in Plaistow gave a demonstration at East London Rugby Club in West Ham.
Tuesday’s visit celebrated the fact that Newham will host five of the tournament matches at Queen Elizabeth Park next year, including the bronze final.
Curwen School is one of 14 schools receiving rugby training to celebrate the world cup.
The council has commissioned charity East London Community Sports Association to deliver junior rugby programmes in all the primary schools in the borough over the next five years, as well as 12-week school holiday programmes.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the world cup will go on sale on September 12.
Residents can sign up for all the latest news on the tournament by visiting rugbyworldcup.com/frontrow
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012