Plaistow youngsters celebrate 500 days until the start of Rugby World Cup 2015
- Credit: Archant
Rugby-mad youngsters celebrated 500 days to go until the start of next year’s world cup by showcasing their skills.
Pupils from Curwen Primary School in Plaistow gave a demonstration at East London Rugby Club in West Ham.
Tuesday’s visit celebrated the fact that Newham will host five of the tournament matches at Queen Elizabeth Park next year, including the bronze final.
Curwen School is one of 14 schools receiving rugby training to celebrate the world cup.
The council has commissioned charity East London Community Sports Association to deliver junior rugby programmes in all the primary schools in the borough over the next five years, as well as 12-week school holiday programmes.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the world cup will go on sale on September 12.
Residents can sign up for all the latest news on the tournament by visiting rugbyworldcup.com/frontrow
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing