Plaistow teacher wins award for leadership skills
- Credit: Emily Reynolds
The head of science at a Plaistow school has received an award after being recognised for his leadership skills.
Owen Hawkins, who works at Lister Community School, won the award from national education charity Ambition School Leadership after his efforts saw students receive highly targeted support and interventions.
Judges were impressed with the way he shared expert ideas and practices with other scientists.
He was presented with his award last week, when he also graduated from the charity’s Teaching Leaders programme.
Owen said: “Receiving the leadership award has been such a nice recognition of the effort that I and other school leaders put in to what we do.”
You may also want to watch:
The St Mary’s Road school’s headteacher, Anthony Wilson, added: “I am delighted that Owen has been chosen for this.
“It’s thoroughly deserved – he is a dedicated and thoughtful colleague, with a real determination to keep improving.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing