Plaistow teacher wins award for leadership skills
- Credit: Emily Reynolds
The head of science at a Plaistow school has received an award after being recognised for his leadership skills.
Owen Hawkins, who works at Lister Community School, won the award from national education charity Ambition School Leadership after his efforts saw students receive highly targeted support and interventions.
Judges were impressed with the way he shared expert ideas and practices with other scientists.
He was presented with his award last week, when he also graduated from the charity’s Teaching Leaders programme.
Owen said: “Receiving the leadership award has been such a nice recognition of the effort that I and other school leaders put in to what we do.”
You may also want to watch:
The St Mary’s Road school’s headteacher, Anthony Wilson, added: “I am delighted that Owen has been chosen for this.
“It’s thoroughly deserved – he is a dedicated and thoughtful colleague, with a real determination to keep improving.”
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR