Plaistow teacher wins award for leadership skills
- Credit: Emily Reynolds
The head of science at a Plaistow school has received an award after being recognised for his leadership skills.
Owen Hawkins, who works at Lister Community School, won the award from national education charity Ambition School Leadership after his efforts saw students receive highly targeted support and interventions.
Judges were impressed with the way he shared expert ideas and practices with other scientists.
He was presented with his award last week, when he also graduated from the charity’s Teaching Leaders programme.
Owen said: “Receiving the leadership award has been such a nice recognition of the effort that I and other school leaders put in to what we do.”
You may also want to watch:
The St Mary’s Road school’s headteacher, Anthony Wilson, added: “I am delighted that Owen has been chosen for this.
“It’s thoroughly deserved – he is a dedicated and thoughtful colleague, with a real determination to keep improving.”
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 3 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 4 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 5 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 8 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood