Plaistow students team up with the Royal Ballet School
- Credit: Archant
Plaistow students graced the boards of Stratford Circus last week as part of a collaboration with the Royal Ballet School.
The performance, on May 16, was the culmination of a five month collaboration between the world famous ballet school and Lister Community School.
Year 10 students from the ballet school and year nine and 10 students from the St Mary’s Road school worked together on a series of choreographic tasks and visited each other’s schools as part of an exchange.
The project was delivered by The Royal Ballet School’s Outreach and Access Department, which provides broader access to ballet through a range of primary and secondary school projects.
Lister School headteacher Anthony Wilson said: ‘Our school motto is ‘always aiming for excellence’. There could not be a better example of the hard work that goes into achieving excellence than that shown by the young dancers working together.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful to the Royal Ballet School for giving us this opportunity to work with them.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross