Plaistow students team up with the Royal Ballet School
- Credit: Archant
Plaistow students graced the boards of Stratford Circus last week as part of a collaboration with the Royal Ballet School.
The performance, on May 16, was the culmination of a five month collaboration between the world famous ballet school and Lister Community School.
Year 10 students from the ballet school and year nine and 10 students from the St Mary’s Road school worked together on a series of choreographic tasks and visited each other’s schools as part of an exchange.
The project was delivered by The Royal Ballet School’s Outreach and Access Department, which provides broader access to ballet through a range of primary and secondary school projects.
Lister School headteacher Anthony Wilson said: ‘Our school motto is ‘always aiming for excellence’. There could not be a better example of the hard work that goes into achieving excellence than that shown by the young dancers working together.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful to the Royal Ballet School for giving us this opportunity to work with them.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex