Plaistow students team up with the Royal Ballet School
- Credit: Archant
Plaistow students graced the boards of Stratford Circus last week as part of a collaboration with the Royal Ballet School.
The performance, on May 16, was the culmination of a five month collaboration between the world famous ballet school and Lister Community School.
Year 10 students from the ballet school and year nine and 10 students from the St Mary’s Road school worked together on a series of choreographic tasks and visited each other’s schools as part of an exchange.
The project was delivered by The Royal Ballet School’s Outreach and Access Department, which provides broader access to ballet through a range of primary and secondary school projects.
Lister School headteacher Anthony Wilson said: ‘Our school motto is ‘always aiming for excellence’. There could not be a better example of the hard work that goes into achieving excellence than that shown by the young dancers working together.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful to the Royal Ballet School for giving us this opportunity to work with them.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 7 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years