Plaistow students team up with the Royal Ballet School
- Credit: Archant
Plaistow students graced the boards of Stratford Circus last week as part of a collaboration with the Royal Ballet School.
The performance, on May 16, was the culmination of a five month collaboration between the world famous ballet school and Lister Community School.
Year 10 students from the ballet school and year nine and 10 students from the St Mary’s Road school worked together on a series of choreographic tasks and visited each other’s schools as part of an exchange.
The project was delivered by The Royal Ballet School’s Outreach and Access Department, which provides broader access to ballet through a range of primary and secondary school projects.
Lister School headteacher Anthony Wilson said: ‘Our school motto is ‘always aiming for excellence’. There could not be a better example of the hard work that goes into achieving excellence than that shown by the young dancers working together.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful to the Royal Ballet School for giving us this opportunity to work with them.”
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 8 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 9 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0