Plaistow school is in ‘best place to work’ list
A primary school in Newham has made it to a Sunday Times list of best companies to work for.
Kaizen Primary School in Plaistow has become the first Primary School to make it onto the ‘Ones to Watch’ list of the Best Companies and Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For in the Public Sector 2012.
Kerry Scott, trainee head teacher at the school, said: “The people at Best Companies believed that the way the staff at Kaizen spoke about our ethos and core beliefs set us apart from many other small companies because our collaborative nature, collegiate thinking and constant drive for improvement and reflection mean we never sit still for long.
“We believe that children learn best in the way that suits them, combined then with strong teacher knowledge and skills we are able to move them through their learning at an accelerated pace. Although often starting with below average attainment, children leave Kaizen with above average levels for their age which is the reason we come to work everyday.
“To be accredited with an accolade which recognises the members of staff at our school and the hard work we put in to give the best deal possible for every child that walks through our door is our main purpose.”
You may also want to watch:
The list recognises and rates eight aspects of the workplace; Leadership, My Manager, Wellbeing, My Team, Giving Something Back, My Company, Fair Deal and Personal Growth.
Every member of staff at the school completed a questionnaire which rated their opinions about Kaizen in each of the eight areas, which was then combined with information and data about its ethos, staff numbers and salaries.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
The school’s highest score was in the area of Personal Growth as adults shared their appreciation of the opportunities their learning community provides for personal development.