Plaistow pupils say thank you to their father figures
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters invited the male relatives they look up to in to share the school day with them to say thank you for being fantastic!
Pupils across both sites of Upton Cross Primary School, on Churston Ave and Kirton Road in Plaistow, spent Wednesday afternoon learning and having fun with male role models who mean the world to them for Father Figure Day.
In the run up to Father’s Day, the children wrote letters to their Dads, uncles, brothers, and cousins to tell them how special they are.
Father Figure Day is held at Upton Cross Primary as a way of highlighting the important role many men play nurturing young children.
Katie Edwards, Early Years Foundation Leader at the school, said: “We believe that children need positive male role models in their life to support their development.”
You may also want to watch:
Click on the link on the right hand side to see a picture gallery of the pupils with their father figures.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 4 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder