Plaistow pupils say thank you to their father figures
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters invited the male relatives they look up to in to share the school day with them to say thank you for being fantastic!
Pupils across both sites of Upton Cross Primary School, on Churston Ave and Kirton Road in Plaistow, spent Wednesday afternoon learning and having fun with male role models who mean the world to them for Father Figure Day.
In the run up to Father’s Day, the children wrote letters to their Dads, uncles, brothers, and cousins to tell them how special they are.
Father Figure Day is held at Upton Cross Primary as a way of highlighting the important role many men play nurturing young children.
Katie Edwards, Early Years Foundation Leader at the school, said: “We believe that children need positive male role models in their life to support their development.”
You may also want to watch:
Click on the link on the right hand side to see a picture gallery of the pupils with their father figures.
- 1 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 7 Newham Council is making a difference
- 8 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 Council accused of lacking empathy over Upton Centre homes plan