Plaistow pupils power through deals and deceit at Model UN conference
- Credit: Lister Community School
The moment eight pupils from Plaistow walked into the school, they faced long days of bargaining, backbiting and betrayals.
This wasn’t just class politics – they were trying to save the world.
The Year 10 students from Lister Community School were competing in a mock United Nations conference hosted by American non-profit Global Classrooms.
More than 300 delegates from schools across London were tested on their debating and diplomatic skills at the event in Mulberry UTC, Bow.
All pupils from Lister were commended for their role in the conference.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils Harun Shekoni and Nazeerah Paten both achieved UN-believable feats, being named Best Delegate and taking home a Honourable Mention Award, respectively.
“We are incredibly proud of our Lister delegation, who showed off their immense talent, hard work, and keenness to tackle some of the most pressing global challenges,” said headteacher Anthony Wilson.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 We're not promising anything we can't deliver says West Ham boss David Moyes
The conference on December 6 and 7 focused on global health and wellbeing.