Plaistow pupils power through deals and deceit at Model UN conference
- Credit: Lister Community School
The moment eight pupils from Plaistow walked into the school, they faced long days of bargaining, backbiting and betrayals.
This wasn’t just class politics – they were trying to save the world.
The Year 10 students from Lister Community School were competing in a mock United Nations conference hosted by American non-profit Global Classrooms.
More than 300 delegates from schools across London were tested on their debating and diplomatic skills at the event in Mulberry UTC, Bow.
All pupils from Lister were commended for their role in the conference.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils Harun Shekoni and Nazeerah Paten both achieved UN-believable feats, being named Best Delegate and taking home a Honourable Mention Award, respectively.
“We are incredibly proud of our Lister delegation, who showed off their immense talent, hard work, and keenness to tackle some of the most pressing global challenges,” said headteacher Anthony Wilson.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
The conference on December 6 and 7 focused on global health and wellbeing.