Plaistow pupils power through deals and deceit at Model UN conference
- Credit: Lister Community School
The moment eight pupils from Plaistow walked into the school, they faced long days of bargaining, backbiting and betrayals.
This wasn’t just class politics – they were trying to save the world.
The Year 10 students from Lister Community School were competing in a mock United Nations conference hosted by American non-profit Global Classrooms.
More than 300 delegates from schools across London were tested on their debating and diplomatic skills at the event in Mulberry UTC, Bow.
All pupils from Lister were commended for their role in the conference.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils Harun Shekoni and Nazeerah Paten both achieved UN-believable feats, being named Best Delegate and taking home a Honourable Mention Award, respectively.
“We are incredibly proud of our Lister delegation, who showed off their immense talent, hard work, and keenness to tackle some of the most pressing global challenges,” said headteacher Anthony Wilson.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
The conference on December 6 and 7 focused on global health and wellbeing.