Plaistow Primary School closed due to bad smell
- Credit: Archant
440 children have an unexpected day off today after a primary school in Plaistow was closed due to a bad smell.
Pupils and parents were turned away at the gates of Plaistow Primary School in Junction Road after a technical problem.
A council spokeswoman explained: “Plaistow Primary School has been closed today after a piece of cleaning equipment overheated and caused a pungent smell throughout the school.
“The head teacher and caretaker tried to dispel the fumes by opening windows, but by the time teachers arrived it remained very unpleasant, and a decision was taken to close the school for the day as a precaution.
“Parents were contacted by text, and others were informed at the school gate by staff members.
You may also want to watch:
“No-one suffered any ill effects and the school will re-open tomorrow.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final