Plaistow Primary School closed due to bad smell
- Credit: Archant
440 children have an unexpected day off today after a primary school in Plaistow was closed due to a bad smell.
Pupils and parents were turned away at the gates of Plaistow Primary School in Junction Road after a technical problem.
A council spokeswoman explained: “Plaistow Primary School has been closed today after a piece of cleaning equipment overheated and caused a pungent smell throughout the school.
“The head teacher and caretaker tried to dispel the fumes by opening windows, but by the time teachers arrived it remained very unpleasant, and a decision was taken to close the school for the day as a precaution.
“Parents were contacted by text, and others were informed at the school gate by staff members.
You may also want to watch:
“No-one suffered any ill effects and the school will re-open tomorrow.”
- 1 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 2 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 3 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 6 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe
- 7 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton 'frustrated' with late penalty which led to Bradford defeat
- 9 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 10 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street