Plaistow Primary School closed due to bad smell
PUBLISHED: 13:37 23 May 2017 | UPDATED: 13:41 23 May 2017
440 children have an unexpected day off today after a primary school in Plaistow was closed due to a bad smell.
Pupils and parents were turned away at the gates of Plaistow Primary School in Junction Road after a technical problem.
A council spokeswoman explained: “Plaistow Primary School has been closed today after a piece of cleaning equipment overheated and caused a pungent smell throughout the school.
“The head teacher and caretaker tried to dispel the fumes by opening windows, but by the time teachers arrived it remained very unpleasant, and a decision was taken to close the school for the day as a precaution.
“Parents were contacted by text, and others were informed at the school gate by staff members.
“No-one suffered any ill effects and the school will re-open tomorrow.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Newham Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.