Plaistow primary celebrate upcoming Paralympic Games
With less than 100 days to go bfore the Paralympic Games, Plaistow students held a procession around their school to celebrate.
The unpredictable weather held up for parade around the grounds of New City Primary School in New City Road but the rest of the ceremony was brought inside.
Pupils even enjoyed a torch lighting ceremony featuring a special fire-proof version made by Donna Metcalf. a member of the support staff.
Throwing themselves in to the spirit of the occasion, the support team also held up a blue screen for a water free syncronised swimming routine - with shark fins making a few worrying appeareances.
Once the flame was lit, pupils and teachers entertained with live performances including an urban turn from young street dancer and Newham’s answer to George Samson, Fawaz Shobande.
You may also want to watch:
Fawaz, in Year Four Emerald Class, earned the chance to perform for the school after being crowned the winner of New City Primary’s Got Talent.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 5 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week