Plaistow primary celebrate upcoming Paralympic Games
With less than 100 days to go bfore the Paralympic Games, Plaistow students held a procession around their school to celebrate.
The unpredictable weather held up for parade around the grounds of New City Primary School in New City Road but the rest of the ceremony was brought inside.
Pupils even enjoyed a torch lighting ceremony featuring a special fire-proof version made by Donna Metcalf. a member of the support staff.
Throwing themselves in to the spirit of the occasion, the support team also held up a blue screen for a water free syncronised swimming routine - with shark fins making a few worrying appeareances.
Once the flame was lit, pupils and teachers entertained with live performances including an urban turn from young street dancer and Newham’s answer to George Samson, Fawaz Shobande.
You may also want to watch:
Fawaz, in Year Four Emerald Class, earned the chance to perform for the school after being crowned the winner of New City Primary’s Got Talent.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 6 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 7 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 8 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
- 9 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 10 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts