Plaistow primary celebrate upcoming Paralympic Games
With less than 100 days to go bfore the Paralympic Games, Plaistow students held a procession around their school to celebrate.
The unpredictable weather held up for parade around the grounds of New City Primary School in New City Road but the rest of the ceremony was brought inside.
Pupils even enjoyed a torch lighting ceremony featuring a special fire-proof version made by Donna Metcalf. a member of the support staff.
Throwing themselves in to the spirit of the occasion, the support team also held up a blue screen for a water free syncronised swimming routine - with shark fins making a few worrying appeareances.
Once the flame was lit, pupils and teachers entertained with live performances including an urban turn from young street dancer and Newham’s answer to George Samson, Fawaz Shobande.
You may also want to watch:
Fawaz, in Year Four Emerald Class, earned the chance to perform for the school after being crowned the winner of New City Primary’s Got Talent.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plans for industrial hub, shipyard and homes on Albert Island approved