Plaistow primary celebrate upcoming Paralympic Games
With less than 100 days to go bfore the Paralympic Games, Plaistow students held a procession around their school to celebrate.
The unpredictable weather held up for parade around the grounds of New City Primary School in New City Road but the rest of the ceremony was brought inside.
Pupils even enjoyed a torch lighting ceremony featuring a special fire-proof version made by Donna Metcalf. a member of the support staff.
Throwing themselves in to the spirit of the occasion, the support team also held up a blue screen for a water free syncronised swimming routine - with shark fins making a few worrying appeareances.
Once the flame was lit, pupils and teachers entertained with live performances including an urban turn from young street dancer and Newham’s answer to George Samson, Fawaz Shobande.
You may also want to watch:
Fawaz, in Year Four Emerald Class, earned the chance to perform for the school after being crowned the winner of New City Primary’s Got Talent.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money