Pictures: Entrepreneurs inspire Stratford School Academy pupils
- Credit: Archant
Students honed their entrepreneurial and charitable skills at an enterprise day at Stratford School Academy.
Interactive learning focused on business, engineering, science and charity work at the event earlier this month.
Year Seven pupils at the Grosvenor Road school were involved in STEM activities including forensics and sport science and experiments were carried out throughout the day.
Year nine took part in charity and enterprise sessions and met with local charities, including music producer Moghul and Sophie from Soffles Food and Antionette Fletcher who travelled to Honduras to work for a Christian charity.
Impressed with the talks, 13-year-old pupil Ruhaan Ahmed said: “The journey from where [Moghul and Sophie] started to where they are now was truly inspirational to listen to.”
You may also want to watch:
The year 10 cohort took part in enterprise and business sessions – working with Lloyds Banking Group and Accenture as part of the event.
Assistant head teacher Mr Moore said: “It was wonderful seeing our pupils totally engaged by a variety of different external speakers, and having the opportunity to be completely absorbed in forensic, engineering and sports science sessions.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
“The pupils took advantage of this and a great deal of fun and learning was enjoyed by all.”
Click on our gallery to see more pictures from the day.