Pictures: Entrepreneurs inspire Stratford School Academy pupils
- Credit: Archant
Students honed their entrepreneurial and charitable skills at an enterprise day at Stratford School Academy.
Interactive learning focused on business, engineering, science and charity work at the event earlier this month.
Year Seven pupils at the Grosvenor Road school were involved in STEM activities including forensics and sport science and experiments were carried out throughout the day.
Year nine took part in charity and enterprise sessions and met with local charities, including music producer Moghul and Sophie from Soffles Food and Antionette Fletcher who travelled to Honduras to work for a Christian charity.
Impressed with the talks, 13-year-old pupil Ruhaan Ahmed said: “The journey from where [Moghul and Sophie] started to where they are now was truly inspirational to listen to.”
The year 10 cohort took part in enterprise and business sessions – working with Lloyds Banking Group and Accenture as part of the event.
Assistant head teacher Mr Moore said: “It was wonderful seeing our pupils totally engaged by a variety of different external speakers, and having the opportunity to be completely absorbed in forensic, engineering and sports science sessions.
- 1 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 4 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 5 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 6 'Immensely gratifying': Newham college celebrates upping Ofsted grade
- 7 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 10 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
“The pupils took advantage of this and a great deal of fun and learning was enjoyed by all.”
Click on our gallery to see more pictures from the day.