Pictures: Entrepreneurs inspire Stratford School Academy pupils
- Credit: Archant
Students honed their entrepreneurial and charitable skills at an enterprise day at Stratford School Academy.
Interactive learning focused on business, engineering, science and charity work at the event earlier this month.
Year Seven pupils at the Grosvenor Road school were involved in STEM activities including forensics and sport science and experiments were carried out throughout the day.
Year nine took part in charity and enterprise sessions and met with local charities, including music producer Moghul and Sophie from Soffles Food and Antionette Fletcher who travelled to Honduras to work for a Christian charity.
Impressed with the talks, 13-year-old pupil Ruhaan Ahmed said: “The journey from where [Moghul and Sophie] started to where they are now was truly inspirational to listen to.”
You may also want to watch:
The year 10 cohort took part in enterprise and business sessions – working with Lloyds Banking Group and Accenture as part of the event.
Assistant head teacher Mr Moore said: “It was wonderful seeing our pupils totally engaged by a variety of different external speakers, and having the opportunity to be completely absorbed in forensic, engineering and sports science sessions.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
“The pupils took advantage of this and a great deal of fun and learning was enjoyed by all.”
Click on our gallery to see more pictures from the day.