Peppa Pig pops along to Forest Gate nursery fete
Children in Forest Gate enjoyed the blazing sunshine at their nursery’s summer fete with a special TV guest.
Alphabet House Nursery School, in Shrewsbury Road, held a special open day and invited parents to join staff in spending the afternoon getting into the party mood with their children.
Kid’s TV favourite Peppa Pig even turned up for a surprise visit to take part in the fun and have pictures taken with the youngsters.
Staff at Alphabet House spent hours transforming the nursery with red, white, and blue bunting - in keeping with the fashion this summer - as well as laying out picnic tables for all of the fairy cakes, sandwiches, and party food.
There was a bouncy castle, face painting, competitions, and mendhi, or henna tattooing, for the community to get involved in as parents got to meet their neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
The festivities were also given a financial boost with a grant from Newham Council’s ‘Get the Party Started’ scheme.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 4 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 7 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 8 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
- 9 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 10 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts