Paris becomes home for Canning Town’s Lauren
- Credit: Archant
Lauren Shirley is among thousands of teenagers getting used to university life. What sets her apart is the fact that her lectures will be taking place in Paris.
Lauren, a former student at St Angela’s and St Bonaventure’s Sixth Form, in Forest Gate is embarking on the next leg of her education in what is considered to be one of the world’s most beautiful cities.
Lauren, 19, from Canning Town has had a lifelong love of languages and always knew she wanted to pursue her studies in France. She was thrilled when she was only one of fifty British students selected to study at the world famous University of London Institute in Paris.
Overlooking the iconic Eiffel Tower, the university will be Lauren’s home for the next three years and she knew instantly it was the ideal place for her after an amazing taster day back in February.
Her mum Liz, said: “ We took her last week so she settles in before her tutorials start this week. We Skype most nights which is reassuring but I am so happy that she is doing something she loves. I am obviously very anxious too that she is so far away, in another country, but Lauren has always been very determined. She is brave and knows what she wants and we are so proud of her.”
You may also want to watch:
Lauren plans a career in European Politics after university but for now is looking forward to life in the beautiful city of Paris.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school