Paris becomes home for Canning Town’s Lauren
- Credit: Archant
Lauren Shirley is among thousands of teenagers getting used to university life. What sets her apart is the fact that her lectures will be taking place in Paris.
Lauren, a former student at St Angela’s and St Bonaventure’s Sixth Form, in Forest Gate is embarking on the next leg of her education in what is considered to be one of the world’s most beautiful cities.
Lauren, 19, from Canning Town has had a lifelong love of languages and always knew she wanted to pursue her studies in France. She was thrilled when she was only one of fifty British students selected to study at the world famous University of London Institute in Paris.
Overlooking the iconic Eiffel Tower, the university will be Lauren’s home for the next three years and she knew instantly it was the ideal place for her after an amazing taster day back in February.
Her mum Liz, said: “ We took her last week so she settles in before her tutorials start this week. We Skype most nights which is reassuring but I am so happy that she is doing something she loves. I am obviously very anxious too that she is so far away, in another country, but Lauren has always been very determined. She is brave and knows what she wants and we are so proud of her.”
You may also want to watch:
Lauren plans a career in European Politics after university but for now is looking forward to life in the beautiful city of Paris.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover