Olympic exhibition helps University of East London mark International Women’s Day
The University of East London (UEL) did its bit to mark International Women’s Day by hosting an exhibition of the women involved in the creation of Stratford’s Olympic Park.
Held at the soon-to-be-opened SportsDock, Women in the Making of the London Olympics, features pictures and quotes from some of the women who took part in its development and construction.
The likes of surveyors and project managers were all represented.
The exhibition reflects the Olympic Delivery Authority’s (ODA) Women into Construction project, which aims to challenge the traditionally male preserve of the industry.
Speaking at the launch, Jennette Arnold, who is on the UELs board of governors, said: “These women represent the women of London.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought, ‘what story will there be, after the Olympics of ordinary women who have been involved in this amazing task.
“I thought we should capture images of ordinary women in London involved in this amazing project. This is the fourth outing of the exhibition.”
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
The exhibits will remain on show at the SportsDock over the next few months.