Olympian Christine visits Forest Gate students
- Credit: Archant
There was a buzz of excitement when double Olympic medal winner and World Athletics Gold medal winner, Christine Ohuruogu, visited St Bonaventure’s in Forest Gate.
Christine met with a group of Psychology and Sports Science students from St Angela’s and St Bonaventure’s Sixth Form at St Bons and fielded questions about her sport and her many triumphs.
She even brought along her winning medals and allowed the students try them on.
Christine was born in Forest Gate Hospital, grew up in Stratford and is proud to say she still lives in Newham. She’s one of eight children and her older brother went to St Bons and has fond memories of the school she said.
She answered questions from the teenagers about her role models, if she has a race plan, her motivations, training and diet, what music she listens to during training, her goals in life and other probing questions.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Halliwell, headteacher, said: “The Psychology students wanted to know what motivated Christine while the Sports Science were fascinated to hear about her training. We had some very talented athletes in the group including Emma Nwofor who’s a successful heptathlon athlete and Cleve Charles, a basketball champion, so they were intrigued to hear Christine’s recipe for success. It was a pleasure to welcome her into our school. She’s an inspiration and very humble and an excellent role model for all our students.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines