Offer day: Parents to find out primary school allocations
- Credit: Dominic Lipinski/PA Archive/PA Images
Parents are set to find out today which primary school their child will be attending in September.
Families of children born between September 1, 2012 and August 31, 2013 will be contacted with a school offer as part of national primary offer day.
Anyone who applied after the closing date of January 15 will not have had their applications considered until places were allocated for all on-time allocations, reducing the likelihood of getting their preferred school.
Any parent who is unhappy with the school their child has been allocated is able to appeal.
Information about how to do this is available via the council website.
You may also want to watch:
Did your child get the school of your choice, or did they miss out? Email email@example.com with your stories
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 8 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford