Offer day: Parents to find out primary school allocations
- Credit: Dominic Lipinski/PA Archive/PA Images
Parents are set to find out today which primary school their child will be attending in September.
Families of children born between September 1, 2012 and August 31, 2013 will be contacted with a school offer as part of national primary offer day.
Anyone who applied after the closing date of January 15 will not have had their applications considered until places were allocated for all on-time allocations, reducing the likelihood of getting their preferred school.
Any parent who is unhappy with the school their child has been allocated is able to appeal.
Information about how to do this is available via the council website.
You may also want to watch:
Did your child get the school of your choice, or did they miss out? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your stories
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home