Offer day: Parents to find out primary school allocations
- Credit: Dominic Lipinski/PA Archive/PA Images
Parents are set to find out today which primary school their child will be attending in September.
Families of children born between September 1, 2012 and August 31, 2013 will be contacted with a school offer as part of national primary offer day.
Anyone who applied after the closing date of January 15 will not have had their applications considered until places were allocated for all on-time allocations, reducing the likelihood of getting their preferred school.
Any parent who is unhappy with the school their child has been allocated is able to appeal.
Information about how to do this is available via the council website.
You may also want to watch:
Did your child get the school of your choice, or did they miss out? Email email@example.com with your stories
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 5 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 7 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 8 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week