GCSE results: Oasis Academy Silvertown pupil ‘forever grateful’ for support after earning eight 9s and an 8
- Credit: Archant
Oasis Academy Silvertown pupils had much to celebrate as they collected their GCSE grades, with some outstanding individual results.
Emils Bahanovskis achieved eight grade 9s and one 8 and would like to study maths at sixth form.
He said: “It was tough but highly rewarding.
“It makes a difference to have great and supporting people around you, who I will be forever grateful to.”
Fanta Kebe, who also earned eight 9s and an 8, said: “I’m delighted with my results and looking forward to studying biology, chemistry and Maths at A-level.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to thank all the staff at Oasis who have encouraged and helped me.”
Leah Cameron achieved 6s in English language, literature and RE.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 4 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 8 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
Oasis Academy Silvertown principal Johanna Thompson was “thrilled” with the results.
“At Oasis Academy Silvertown we are passionate about giving our students the opportunities that they need to make great progress and flourish,” she said.
“Our students now move to their sixth forms or colleges with confidence in what they have achieved and we look forward to hearing about their successes.
“Credit, too, to our fantastic staff who are so dedicated to our students, and have supported them to be the best they can be.”