GCSE results: Oasis Academy Silvertown pupil ‘forever grateful’ for support after earning eight 9s and an 8
- Credit: Archant
Oasis Academy Silvertown pupils had much to celebrate as they collected their GCSE grades, with some outstanding individual results.
Emils Bahanovskis achieved eight grade 9s and one 8 and would like to study maths at sixth form.
He said: “It was tough but highly rewarding.
“It makes a difference to have great and supporting people around you, who I will be forever grateful to.”
Fanta Kebe, who also earned eight 9s and an 8, said: “I’m delighted with my results and looking forward to studying biology, chemistry and Maths at A-level.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to thank all the staff at Oasis who have encouraged and helped me.”
Leah Cameron achieved 6s in English language, literature and RE.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
Oasis Academy Silvertown principal Johanna Thompson was “thrilled” with the results.
“At Oasis Academy Silvertown we are passionate about giving our students the opportunities that they need to make great progress and flourish,” she said.
“Our students now move to their sixth forms or colleges with confidence in what they have achieved and we look forward to hearing about their successes.
“Credit, too, to our fantastic staff who are so dedicated to our students, and have supported them to be the best they can be.”